More Bullpen Struggles Leads To Loss
The Yakima Bears lost 3-2 at Gesa Stadium Wednesday night to the Tri-City Dust Devils. The Bears lost the series 2-1 and the team is now 11-22 this season.
Much like the night before, both starting pitchers were outstanding. For the Bears, Adam Kudryk allowed two runs - both unearned - in seven innings of work. Both those runs were scored in the fourth inning and Kudryk left the game after a scoreless seventh.
On the other side, Ricardo Ferrer of the Dust Devils tossed seven scoreless, before coming out to face two batters in the eighth inning. Ferrer gave up a solo home run to Tyler Bream and then allowed a single to Westley Moss, who would score after Ferrer left the game on a Zach Jones single in that eighth inning. Ferrer allowed only one earned run in his seven innings.
With the game tied at 2-2, the Dust Devils loaded the bases with one out in the eighth inning and then scored the final run of the game on a sacrifice fly by pinch hitter Tyler Massey. The final run was scored off of Greg Robinson, who fell to 0-3 with the loss.
The Bears continue the road trip with three games at Boise. The first game of the series between the Bears and Hawks is scheduled for 6:15 pacific time at Memorial Stadium Thrusday. Lefty John Pedrotty is scheduled to pitch for the Bears against right-handed pitcher Austin Reed.
• Discuss this story on the Northwest League message board...
Northwest League Stories from July 20, 2011
- Indians Sweep Hawks out of Town with 6-4 Win - Spokane Indians
- More Bullpen Struggles Leads To Loss - Yakima Bears
- Hawks Swept by Indians - Boise Hawks
- Dust Devils Win Game, Serise Against Bears - Tri-City Dust Devils
- Series at Tri-City Tied After Loss for Bears - Yakima Bears
- Indians Ride Big 5th Inning to 10-3 Victory Over Hawks - Spokane Indians
- Tri-City Evens Series with Bears - Tri-City Dust Devils
- Big Fifth Dooms Hawks - Boise Hawks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.