Mooseheads Trade for Matt Murphy
Halifax Mooseheads General Manager Cam Russell announced a trade this evening with the Val-d'Or Foreurs. The Mooseheads have acquired 17 year old defenceman Matt Murphy and a 2nd round pick (Sherbrooke) in 2014 from Val-d'Or. In return the Mooseheads have sent 19 year old defenceman Randy Gazzola, a 1st round pick (Quebec) in 2014 and a 1st round pick in 2015.
Murphy has 1 goal, 23 assists in 40 games for the Foreurs this season. The 6'1" 200lbs Fredericton native was selected 5th overall in the 2011 QMJHL Entry Draft behind fellow Mooseheads Nathan MacKinnon and Jonathan Drouin. Murphy was also a member of the Team QMJHL for the 2012 Subway Super Series.
The Halifax Mooseheads organization would like to thank Randy Gazzola for his time in Moose Country and wish him best of luck in Val-d'Or with the Foreurs.
• Discuss this story on the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League message board...
Quebec Major Junior Hockey League Stories from January 7, 2013
- Mooseheads Trade for Matt Murphy - Halifax Mooseheads
- Rocket Acquire Big Defenceman - P.E.I. Rocket
- Cats Trade Samuel Roussy - Moncton Wildcats
- 500 Seats Released for 2013 Home Hardware CHL/NHL Top Prospects Game - Halifax Mooseheads
- O'Brien, Auger and Gibson named the TELUS three stars of the week - QMJHL
- Ben Hade Heads to Sherbrooke - Saint John Sea Dogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Halifax Mooseheads Stories
- Mooseheads Part Ways with Head Coach Jim Midgley
- Mooseheads Win Hosting Rights for 2019 Mastercard Memorial Cup
- Mooseheads Host Next Stop on Memorial Cup 100th Anniversary Tour
- Mooseheads to Partner with LLC on Warm-Up Jerseys
- Mooseheads Make Dartmouth 4-Pad Permanent Practice Facility