Mooseheads Dismiss Daigneault
Halifax, N.S. - The Halifax Mooseheads announced the dismissal of Head Coach J.J. Daigneault this morning following two seasons with the team. The Mooseheads posted a record of 35-71 during Daigneault's tenure behind the bench.
Mooseheads Majority Owner Bobby Smith stated, "The past two years have been rebuilding seasons for our Club after playing in the 2019 Memorial Cup final and this past season we had the youngest team in the QMJHL. Over the course of a trying 2020-21 season our young players developed tremendously and for this Coach Daigneault deserves much credit. I would like to thank J.J. for his leadership of our team and wish him great success in his future coaching endeavours."
General Manager Cam Russell stated, "I'd like to thank Coach Daigneault for his hard work and dedication to our players and organization. I am certain J.J. will enjoy future success as a coach in our league or the professional ranks."
The search for a new Head Coach will begin immediately.
• Discuss this story on the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League message board...
Quebec Major Junior Hockey League Stories from April 22, 2021
- Titan Hand Sea Dogs First Postseason Loss, 7-5 - Saint John Sea Dogs
- Leonard Suspended for Not Following Protocols - QMJHL
- 2021 QMJHL Draft presented by Fenplast to be held virtually on June 25-26 - QMJHL
- Wildcats Team up with Planet Fitness - Moncton Wildcats
- Mooseheads Dismiss Daigneault - Halifax Mooseheads
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.