Money Raised for Stroke Awareness
On Saturday and Sunday the Green Bay Gamblers and team medical provider Aurora BayCare presented Stroke Awareness Weekend. The two games raised $4,000 for the Green Bay Community Stroke Fund.
Stroke information tables were set up on the concourse and along with useful information, fans had the opportunity to speak to a member of the Stroke Awareness team at Aurora BayCare. On Sunday, retired police officer, author and stroke survivor Susan Bickett was recognized on the ice as the game's Hometown Hero. Nearly 8,000 people attended the two games over the weekend.
For information on Stroke warning signs, recovery, standards and other helpful tips, visit the Aurora BayCare Neuroscience Stroke Center website. https://www.aurorabaycare.com/medical-services/neuroscience/stroke-and-aneurysms/stroke.
Aurora BayCare has been the medical provider of the Green Bay Gamblers since 2003.
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from March 19, 2019
- Storm Down Stars 4-2 at Viaero Center - Tri-City Storm
- Steel Clinch Playoff Berth with 3-1 Win Tuesday - Chicago Steel
- Waterloo Black Hawks Weekly Preview - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Gameday Preview: Storm Host Rival Stars for Final Time this Season - Tri-City Storm
- Preview - Stars at Storm - Lincoln Stars
- Money Raised for Stroke Awareness - Green Bay Gamblers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.