Monarchs Game Day Capsule, May 7, Game 6
A THIRST FOR THE FIRST
So far, the playoffs have shown that the first goal is the most important goal. In this series, the team that scores first has won every game. In the playoffs, Adirondack has won all seven games when they have scored first, while the Monarchs have won all three games when they light the lamp first. When scoring first in the regular season, the Thunder posted a record of 27-5-2-3, while the Monarchs went 24-6-3-2.
THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE SECOND AND THIRD
During the regular season, the Monarchs outscored opponents by 10 goals in the second frame, 90-80, scoring more goals than any other period. In the playoffs, Manchester has been outscored 16-8 in the second, including allowing eight second-period goals in the last three games. The Monarchs continue to play well in the third period, outscoring opponents 10-3 in the playoffs and now 96-58 over the entire season.
NEED TO FIND THE OFFENSE
After being shut out for the first time since Mar. 28, the Monarchs have seen their goals per game drop to 2.78 in the playoffs, compared to scoring 3.57 in the regular season. Manchester will turn to Jordan LaVallee-Smotherman to find his scoring stride, as he scored 72 points (34g, 38a) during the regular season and averaged 1.04 points per game and has racked up only five points (3g, 2a) in the playoffs, including one goal in five games against Adirondack.
GAME 6 - North Division Finals - Series: ADK leads 3-2
MONARCHS (6-3) at Adirondack Thunder (7-4)
Monday, May 7, 2018 - 7:00 p.m. - SNHU Arena
MONARCHS POINTS LEADERS
Zac Lynch: 10 points (3g, 7a)
Sam Kurker: 6 points (4g, 2a)
Matt Leitner: 6 points (2g, 4a)
MONARCHS GOALTENDING LEADERS
Charles Williams: 5-2-0-0, 2.61 GAA, 0.918 save %
Evan Cowley: 1-1-0-0, 1.70 GAA, 0.917 save %
THUNDER POINTS LEADERS
James Henry: 11 points (0g, 11a)
Ryan Schmelzer: 9 (6g, 3a)
Colton White: 8 points (2g, 6a)
THUNDER GOALTENDING LEADERS
Olivier Mantha: 1-2-0-0, 3.80 GAA, 0.864 save %
Drew Fielding: 3-1-0-0, 1.75 GAA, 0.951 save %
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from May 7, 2018
- ECHL Transactions - May 7 - ECHL
- Game 6 - Adirondack (3-2) vs. Manchester (2-3) - Adirondack Thunder
- Monarchs Game Day Capsule, May 7, Game 6 - Manchester Monarchs
- Stingrays Unveil 2018-19 Home Schedule - South Carolina Stingrays
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Manchester Monarchs Stories
- Monarchs Take Sole Possession of Fourth with 4-1 Win over the Railers
- Growlers Snap Five-Game Losing Streak with 5-1 Win over Monarchs
- Manchester Monarchs Care Foundation Donates $7,500 to Elliot Hospital
- Monarchs Rack up Seven Goals on Railers in 7-4 Win
- Railers Gain Two Points on the Monarchs in 5-2 Victory