MNUFC Signs Defender DJ Taylor
GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn. - Minnesota United today announced it has signed defender DJ Taylor.
"We are lucky to bring in someone like DJ [Taylor]," said MNUFC Head Coach Adrian Heath. "It's a great opportunity for him, he's keen to be here. He's a young and talented fullback, he's got some national team experience and he's been a standout in USL and at his former club on the backline. One of the things we have tried to do over the past seasons is get younger and bring in players to compete for spots. We feel with this move we have continued with that approach and we expect DJ to immediately make our club better."
Taylor joins the Loons after four seasons with former USL Championship side North Carolina FC. The North Carolina native is a product of the North Carolina FC youth academy. He began his professional career in 2015 with CF Torre Levante of the Spanish Tercera Division but returned to North Carolina during the 2017 season. Since rejoining his hometown team, Taylor established himself as the starting right back in 2018 and was named Defensive Player of the Year in 2019. Internationally, Taylor represented the U.S U18 National Team in 2015, appearing in two matches and scoring a goal at the Copa Chivas Tournament.
MNUFC returns to the pitch for its fifth season in MLS. Follow Minnesota United's social channels and check our website at mnufc.com for regular updates on the club.
Transaction: Minnesota United signs defender DJ Taylor.
David Justin (DJ) Taylor
Date of birth: 08.26.1997 (23 years old)
Weight: 194 lbs
Birthplace: Raleigh, North Carolina
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from February 16, 2021
- Earthquakes Sign 21-Year-Old Forward Benji Kikanovic - San Jose Earthquakes
- Primary Transfer Window Update - MLS
- Wade Martin Joins Vancouver Whitecaps FC as Chief Revenue Officer - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Longtime Real Salt Lake Midfielder Luke Mulholland Announces Retirement - Real Salt Lake
- CF Montreal Acquires Forward Erik Hurtado - Club de Foot Montreal
- MNUFC Signs Defender DJ Taylor - Minnesota United FC
- CF Montreal Partners with Pour 3 Points - Club de Foot Montreal
- Inter Miami CF to Unveil New Secondary Jersey on February 27 - Inter Miami CF
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Minnesota United FC Stories
- Minnesota United Signs Argentine Forward Ramon Abila
- MNUFC Loans Thomas Chacon to Uruguay's Liverpool FC
- Minnesota United Signs 2021 MLS SuperDraft Picks Justin McMaster and Nabilai Kibunguchy
- Minnesota United Adds Damian Roden as Senior Director of Sports Science
- Minnesota United Announce 2021 MLS Season Schedule