Primary Transfer Window Update
February 16, 2021 - Major League Soccer (MLS) News Release
NEW YORK - Major League Soccer today confirmed that FIFA has approved amended dates for the U.S. and Canadian Primary Transfer Windows. The Primary Transfer Windows will both open on March 10 and remain open until June 1. The Secondary Transfer Windows for the U.S. and Canada will remain as previously announced: July 7-August 5, 2021.
Primary Transfer Window: Wed., March 10 - Tues., June 1, 2021
Secondary Transfer Window: Wed., July 7 - Thurs., August 5, 2021
The transfer windows are the periods in which MLS teams can officially register any new players who were previously under contract with clubs based outside MLS and for which an International Transfer Certificate (ITC) is required. While deals may be agreed upon outside these windows, the transfer and receipt of an ITC are required in order to officially add a player to a roster, thus allowing him to be eligible for official competitions.
All in-season trades between MLS clubs must take place within these transfer windows.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from February 16, 2021
- Earthquakes Sign 21-Year-Old Forward Benji Kikanovic - San Jose Earthquakes
- Primary Transfer Window Update - MLS
- Wade Martin Joins Vancouver Whitecaps FC as Chief Revenue Officer - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Longtime Real Salt Lake Midfielder Luke Mulholland Announces Retirement - Real Salt Lake
- CF Montreal Acquires Forward Erik Hurtado - Club de Foot Montreal
- MNUFC Signs Defender DJ Taylor - Minnesota United FC
- CF Montreal Partners with Pour 3 Points - Club de Foot Montreal
- Inter Miami CF to Unveil New Secondary Jersey on February 27 - Inter Miami CF
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.