Mitch Creek Signs 10-Day Contract with Minnesota Timberwolves
LONG ISLAND - Long Island Nets forward Mitch Creek has signed a 10-day contract with the Minnesota Timberwolves. The call-up is the sixth in Long Island Nets history, the third for the team this season and the second for Creek.
In 41 games (32 starts) for Long Island during the regular season, Creek averaged 15.3 points, 5.5 rebounds and 2.3 assists in 30.6 minutes per contest while shooting 55.2 percent from the field. He scored in double figures in 33 games and posted 20 or more points 11 times. The Australia native also appeared in one playoff game for the Nets, recording a double-double with 13 points, 12 rebounds, three assists and two steals in 34 minutes in Long Island's Eastern Conference Semifinals victory over the Raptors 905 on March 29.
After originally joining Long Island as an affiliate player, Creek signed a 10-day contract with the Brooklyn Nets on Jan. 25, followed by a second 10-day with Brooklyn on Feb. 4. He appeared in four games for Brooklyn, recording averages of 3.8 points, 2.5 rebounds and 1.3 assists in 8.9 minutes per contest while shooting 50.0 percent from the field. Creek scored a career-high eight points (3-of-5 FG) with a career-high-tying five rebounds and a career-high four assists in 15 minutes on Feb. 4 vs. Milwaukee. He rejoined Long Island on Feb. 7 when he was released from his second 10-day with Brooklyn.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 30, 2019
- Mitch Creek Signs 10-Day Contract with Minnesota Timberwolves - Long Island Nets
- Women's History Month Spotlight: Katie Luhring - Stockton Kings
- Agua Caliente Clippers' Angel Delgado Named 2018-19 NBA G League Rookie of the Year - G League
- Agua Caliente Clippers' Angel Delgado Named 2018-19 NBA G League Rookie of the Year - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Memphis Grizzlies Sign Dusty Hannahs to 10-Day Contract - Memphis Hustle
- Santa Cruz Warriors Advance to Western Conference Finals, Beat the Blue 117-102 - Santa Cruz Warriors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Long Island Nets Stories
- Long Island Falls to Rio Grande Valley in NBA G League Finals
- Long Island Defeats Rio Grande Valley to Take 1-0 Lead in NBA G League Finals
- Alan Williams and Theo Pinson Receive All-NBA G League Honors
- Long Island Defeats Lakeland to Become Eastern Conference Champions
- Mitch Creek Signs 10-Day Contract with Minnesota Timberwolves