Memphis Grizzlies Sign Dusty Hannahs to 10-Day Contract
Memphis, Tenn. - Memphis Grizzlies General Manager Chris Wallace today announced that the team has signed guard Dusty Hannahs to a 10-day contract as a Call-Up from the NBA G League's Memphis Hustle, pursuant to the NBA's hardship roster rules. Hannahs will wear jersey #8 for the Grizzlies.
Hannahs (6-4, 195) competed in 49 regular season games (seven starts) this season for the Hustle, the Grizzlies' NBA G League affiliate, and averaged 14.5 points, 1.8 rebounds and 1.4 assists while shooting a G League-leading 92.6 percent from the free throw line. Hannahs, the Hustle's all-time leading scorer who led the club in total points (710) this season, guided the team to its first trip to the G League Playoffs and averaged 29.0 points in two postseason contests, including 26 points in the Hustle's first-ever playoff victory on March 27 at Stockton and a season-high 32 points in the Western Conference Semifinals on March 29 at Rio Grande Valley.
The 25-year-old has played a total of 96 regular season games (20 starts) over two seasons with the Hustle, shooting at least 40 percent from three-point range and at least 90 percent from the free throw line in each season.
Undrafted in the 2017 NBA Draft, Hannahs transferred from Texas Tech University to the University of Arkansas in 2014 following his sophomore year. The Little Rock, Arkansas native led the Southeastern Conference in free throw percentage in each of his final two collegiate seasons and averaged 15.4 points while shooting 88.9 percent from the foul line during his two-year Razorbacks career (2015-17).
Fans who want to support the Memphis Grizzlies and purchase tickets to any of the Grizzlies' remaining contests of the 2018/19 season can do so by calling (901) 888-HOOP or going online to grizzlies.com. For more information on the Grizzlies, visit grizzlies.com, 'like' Memphis Grizzlies on Facebook or follow on Twitter (@memgrizz).
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 30, 2019
- Mitch Creek Signs 10-Day Contract with Minnesota Timberwolves - Long Island Nets
- Women's History Month Spotlight: Katie Luhring - Stockton Kings
- Agua Caliente Clippers' Angel Delgado Named 2018-19 NBA G League Rookie of the Year - G League
- Agua Caliente Clippers' Angel Delgado Named 2018-19 NBA G League Rookie of the Year - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Memphis Grizzlies Sign Dusty Hannahs to 10-Day Contract - Memphis Hustle
- Santa Cruz Warriors Advance to Western Conference Finals, Beat the Blue 117-102 - Santa Cruz Warriors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Memphis Hustle Stories
- Hustle Overcome Large First Quarter Deficit for Third Straight Win
- Hustle Earn Top Seed in First-Ever MGM Resorts NBA G League Winter Showcase Tournament
- Hustle Finish Strong against Sioux Falls, Stay Unbeaten at Home
- Hustle Finish West Coast Trip with Big Victory over Clippers
- Hustle Rally Falls Short against Lakers