Mississippi Braves Welcome 3 Millionth Fan to Trustmark Park on Wednesday
PEARL, MS - The Mississippi Braves celebrated another milestone on Wednesday afternoon at Trustmark Park by welcoming the 3 millionth fan for Mississippi Braves baseball.
Matt Baker of Clinton, Mississippi was recognized as the lucky fan during Mississippi's 4-0 win over the Birmingham Barons during the fifth inning. He and his young son Wyatt were awarded a prize pack that included two M-Braves season tickets for the 2020 season, four tickets to a 2020 Atlanta Braves game in the luxurious Infiniti Club, numerous restaurant gift cards and much more.
"The M-Braves were thrilled to present Matt with the 3 millionth fan prize pack today," added Mississippi Braves vice president and general manager Pete Laven. "The fact that it was his young son Wyatt's first-ever game at Trustmark Park made it even more special. We look forward to watching Matt try to keep up with Wyatt at many more games in the future."
Over nearly 15 seasons, Trustmark Park has seen 146 M-Braves players move on to make their major league debut, and now 3 million fans have witnessed Atlanta Braves Double-A baseball in Pearl, Mississippi.
After more than 20 years in Greenville, South Carolina, the Braves moved to Pearl and opened the gates to Trustmark Park for the first time on April 18, 2005.
The M-Braves have steadily seen an attendance increase this season, averaging 2,296 fans per game in April, 2,423 fans in May, 2,685 fans in June and 3,009 fans in July. Entering the current homestand, the M-Braves were averaging 3,029 fans per game in the second-half after a drawing 15,407 fans during a homestand against the Tennessee Smokies, Aug. 1-5.
Trustmark Park will be rocking this weekend with large crowds expected on Thursday for Thirsty Thursday and Clunker Car Night plus back-to-back fireworks shows on Friday and Saturday. The M-Braves are home through Thursday, August 22.
• Discuss this story on the Southern League message board...
Southern League Stories from August 14, 2019
- Under a Full Moon, a Loss for the Lookouts - Chattanooga Lookouts
- Shrimp Power Past Smokies 4-2 - Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp
- Biloxi and Mobile Postponed Due to Heavy Rain - Biloxi Shuckers
- Mississippi Braves Welcome 3 Millionth Fan to Trustmark Park on Wednesday - Mississippi Braves
- Wednesday's BayBears Game at Biloxi Postponed Due to Rain - Mobile BayBears
- De La Cruz, M-Braves Shut Down Barons on Wednesday - Mississippi Braves
- Bats Go Quiet in Loss to M-Braves - Birmingham Barons
- Generals Gameday: August 14 vs. Montgomery - Jackson Generals
- Last Lookouts Home Series of 2019 Starts Friday, August 23 - Chattanooga Lookouts
- Former Atlanta Braves Outfielder Lane Adams Joins M-Braves Roster - Mississippi Braves
- Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp: Game Notes, August 14 at Tennessee - Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Mississippi Braves Stories
- Anderson, Harris Named Atlanta Braves Minor League Players of the Year
- Unroe, Kingham Named Final Farm Bureau Players of the Week
- Riley Unroe Named Southern League Player of the Week
- M-Braves Close Season with 3-2 Win over Lookouts
- Kingham Tosses Complete Game in Sunday's Win