Former Atlanta Braves Outfielder Lane Adams Joins M-Braves Roster
PEARL, MS - The Atlanta Braves made the following roster moves before tonight's game against the Birmingham Barons, which affects the Mississippi Braves roster. OF Lane Adams has been activated to the Mississippi roster and OF Connor Lien has been placed on the 7-Day Injured List.
Adams, 29, was signed by the Atlanta Braves on August 2 and was activated to Mississippi's roster on August 13. The Red Oak, Oklahoma native began 2019 with Lehigh Valley (AAA, PHI) and in 72 games Adams hit .255, 17 doubles, two triples, 12 home runs, 29 RBI, 30 walks, and an on-base percentage of .340.
In 2018, Adams played in 26 games for the Atlanta Braves where he hit .240 (6 H/25 AB) with a double, two home runs, and six RBI. He made Atlanta's Opening Day roster after attending Major League spring training as a non-roster invitee. In 2017, Adams played in 85 games for Atlanta, batting .275 with five home runs, 20 RBI and was 10-for-10 in stolen base opportunities.
The Kansas City Royals drafted Adams in the 13th round of the 2009 draft out of Red Oak High School in Oklahoma. In January 2016 the New York Yankees claimed Adams off waivers from the Kansas City Royals. The Chicago Cubs signed Adams as a free agent to a minor league contract in August 2016, and the Atlanta Braves signed Adams as a free agent in December 2016. In May 2018 the Chicago Cubs signed Adams as a free agent and was later signed to Atlanta Braves in July 2016. In January 2019 the Philadelphia Phillies signed Adams, and in August 2019 the Atlanta Braves signed Adams as a free agent.
Lien, 25, the Orlando, Florida native, has been placed on the 7-Day Injured List. Lien has split the 2019 season between Double-A Mississippi and Triple-A Gwinnett.
After being transferred back to Mississippi, Lien has played in six games and hit .217 (5 H/23 AB) with one double, one home run, one walk, and one RBI. At Gwinnett, Lien played in 24 games with an average of .167 (6 H/36 AB) with two home runs, eight runs, and six RBIs.
The Atlanta Braves drafted Lien in the 12th round of the 2012 draft out of Olympia High School in Orlando, Florida.
• Discuss this story on the Southern League message board...
Southern League Stories from August 14, 2019
- Under a Full Moon, a Loss for the Lookouts - Chattanooga Lookouts
- Shrimp Power Past Smokies 4-2 - Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp
- Biloxi and Mobile Postponed Due to Heavy Rain - Biloxi Shuckers
- Mississippi Braves Welcome 3 Millionth Fan to Trustmark Park on Wednesday - Mississippi Braves
- Wednesday's BayBears Game at Biloxi Postponed Due to Rain - Mobile BayBears
- De La Cruz, M-Braves Shut Down Barons on Wednesday - Mississippi Braves
- Bats Go Quiet in Loss to M-Braves - Birmingham Barons
- Generals Gameday: August 14 vs. Montgomery - Jackson Generals
- Last Lookouts Home Series of 2019 Starts Friday, August 23 - Chattanooga Lookouts
- Former Atlanta Braves Outfielder Lane Adams Joins M-Braves Roster - Mississippi Braves
- Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp: Game Notes, August 14 at Tennessee - Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Mississippi Braves Stories
- Anderson, Harris Named Atlanta Braves Minor League Players of the Year
- Unroe, Kingham Named Final Farm Bureau Players of the Week
- Riley Unroe Named Southern League Player of the Week
- M-Braves Close Season with 3-2 Win over Lookouts
- Kingham Tosses Complete Game in Sunday's Win