Minnesota United Signs Defender Bakaye Dibassy
GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn. - Minnesota United today announced the club has signed French defender Bakaye Dibassy from French side Amiens using Targeted Allocation Money (TAM). Dibassy will occupy an international spot on Minnesota's roster and will join the Loons upon the opening of the Secondary Transfer Window on August 12 pending a physical and receipt of his P1 Visa and ITC.
"Acquiring someone like Dibassy, who possesses experience, versatility and incredible athleticism - who has played so many games in the top leagues in France - is a huge boost for the club," said MNUFC Head Coach Adrian Heath. "I liken him to Romain Metanire - very strong, loves to run, loads of experience and a great character fit for this club. We are delighted to bring him in."
The 30-year-old centerback is joining MNUFC after four seasons with Amiens. Since joining Les Licornes in 2016 on a free transfer from CS Sedan, Dibassy has made over 130 appearances, tallying nine goals, two during the 2019-20 season. Dibassy began his career at Olympique Nosiy-le-Sec before joining Bergerac in 2010. Three years later, he signed with Stade Montois and left for CS Sedan a year later. Born in Paris, France, Dibassy is of Mali decent and represents the Mali national team. The Mali international has four caps with the national team since making his debut in 2017 in a World Cup Qualifier against Morocco.
Please follow Minnesota United's social channels and check our website mnufc.com for regular updates on the club and the season going forward.
Transaction: Minnesota United signs defender Bakaye Dibassy using TAM
Date of birth: 08.11.1989 (30 years old)
Last club: Amiens
Hometown: Paris, France
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from August 3, 2020
- Earthquakes Weekly Update: August 3, 2020 - San Jose Earthquakes
- Major League Soccer's Official Anthem by Award-Winning Composer Hans Zimmer Now Available on Spotify, ITunes, Apple Music, Amazon Music and More - MLS
- Nashville SC Joins Forces with PENCIL and Metro Nashville Public Schools - Nashville SC
- Minnesota United Signs Defender Bakaye Dibassy - Minnesota United FC
- FC Cincinnati Weekly Update: August 3, 2020 - FC Cincinnati
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.