Minnesota Swarm Acquires Forward Mike Hominuck From Portland LumberJax
SAINT PAUL/MINNEAPOLIS, Minn. - Minnesota Swarm General Manager Marty O'Neill today announced the National Lacrosse League (NLL) team has acquired forward Mike Hominuck from the Portland LumberJax in exchange for forward Kelly Hall.
Hominuck, 25 (5/4/81), led Portland in scoring with 24 points (6-18=24) and ranked third on the team with 39 loose balls in six contests this season. The 5-foot-10, 170-pound forward also recorded three power play goals and eight power play assists. He notched 53 points (28-25=53) and 68 loose balls in 15 regular season game with Portland in 2006 and ranked first on the team in goals and second in scoring. The Welland, Ontario-native added four goals and an assist in the LumberJax's lone playoff game last season. Hominuck has tallied 91 points (40-51=91) in 31 career NLL contests during four seasons with Buffalo and Portland. He was originally drafted by Philadelphia in the third round of the 2001 NLL Entry Draft when O'Neill was the Wings General manager. Hominuck will wear jersey #90 with the Swarm.
Minnesota returns to action Feb. 17 when it begins a home-and-home series against the New York Titans. The Swarm will play at New York on Saturday, Feb. 17 and host the Titans at 7:00 PM on Sunday, Feb. 18 at Xcel Energy Center. For more information on becoming a Minnesota Swarm season ticket holder please call (888) MN-SWARM.
2007 NLL All-Star Game Fan balloting underway at www.NLL.com
Fan balloting for the 2007 NLL All-Star Game is now underway at www.NLL.com. Fan balloting will remain open until Feb. 20. The 2007 All-Star Game will take place on Saturday, March 10 at 9:00 PM at the Rose Garden in Portland, Oregon, home of the Portland LumberJax. Fans will be able to vote for the starting lineups for both the East and West Division teams.
The East team will consist of All-Stars from the seven teams of the Eastern Division (Buffalo Bandits, Chicago Shamrox, Minnesota Swarm, New York Titans, Philadelphia Wings, Rochester Knighthawks and Toronto Rock). The West team will consist of All-Stars from the six teams of the Western Division (Arizona Sting, Calgary Roughnecks, Colorado Mammoth, Edmonton Rush, Portland LumberJax and San Jose Stealth).
The fan vote will combine with the vote of league media and votes of the team General Managers/Head Coaches to determine the starting lineups. Each will account for one-third of the total vote for the starting lineups.
• Discuss this story on the National Lacrosse League message board...
National Lacrosse League Stories from February 7, 2007
- Minnesota Swarm Acquires Forward Mike Hominuck From Portland LumberJax - Minnesota Swarm
- LumberJax Acquire Kelly Hall in Trade with Minnesota - Portland Lumberjax
- Bob Watson honored with two NLL player awards - Toronto Rock
- Mammoth's Sims and Shewchuk honored by NLL - Calgary Roughnecks
- Dan Dawson named NLL Offensive Player of the Week - Arizona Sting
- NLL Announces Week Six Player Awards - NLL
- Bandits Announce Broadcast Change - Buffalo Bandits
- Stealth acquire Burkholder, draft choice from Mammoth for Moss - San Jose Stealth
- Rush to face Sting - Edmonton Rush
- Mammoth acquires Moss in trade with Stealth - Colorado Mammoth
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Minnesota Swarm Stories
- Minnesota Swarm Announce Relocation Plans for 2016
- Minnesota Swarm Announce Coaching Staff Change
- Minnesota Swarm Win Overtime Thriller against Rochester in Season
- Minnesota Swarm Face Knighthawks in Last Game of Season
- Minnesota Swarm's Comeback Not Enough against Edmonton