Minnesota/Seattle Postgame Notes
The 2019 Lynx season ends with an 84-74 loss to the Seattle Storm. Tonight marked the second straight postseason falling in the opening round.
Napheesa Collier shined in her WNBA Playoff debut, notching her first career playoff double-double with 19 points on an efficient 8-of-11 shooting and 10 rebounds. Collier added three assists and two steals.
Collier became the second rookie in WNBA Playoff history to notch a double-double in their debut (Tamika Catchings on August 16, 2002).
Collier became the third rookie in WNBA Playoff history to have at least 19 points and 10 rebounds in a playoff game, joining Tamika Catchings (2x in 2002) and Candace Parker (2008).
Sylvia Fowles joined Collier with a double-double of her own as she finished with 14 points and a game-high 11 rebounds. Tonight marked the sixth time this season two Lynx teammates recorded a double-double in the same game and the eighth time in Lynx playoff history.
Damiris Dantas scored a team-high 20 points on 8-of-13 shooting and six rebounds. Dantas surpassed her previous playoff-high of two points on August 31, 2014 Minnesota at Phoenix.
Seimone Augustus logged 21:08 minutes tonight off the bench, finishing with six points and three rebounds. Tonight marked Augustus' 57th career playoff game, moving into sole possession of seventh place in WNBA history in playoff games played.
Minnesota outrebounded Seattle 38-28, moving to 100-19 all-time when outboarding the opposition by double figures, including a 78-7 mark since 2011.
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from September 12, 2019
- Las Vegas Aces Earn No. 1 Spot on Team Merchandise List - Las Vegas Aces
- Elena Delle Donne Leads WNBA's Most Popular Jerseys List for Third Consecutive Season - WNBA
- Mystics Notes - Washington Mystics
- Indiana to Participate in WNBA Draft Lottery on September 17 - Indiana Fever
- WNBA Draft Lottery 2020 Presented by State Farm to Take Place September 17 on ESPN2 - WNBA
- WNBA Draft Lottery 2020 Presented by State Farm to Take Place September 17 on ESPN2 - New York Liberty
- Minnesota/Seattle Postgame Notes - Minnesota Lynx
- Chicago Sky Advances to Round 2 of 2019 WNBA Playoffs by Defeating Phoenix Mercury 105-76 - Chicago Sky
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Minnesota Lynx Stories
- Minnesota Lynx Postgame Materials - 9.24 vs Seattle
- Minnesota Lynx Postgame Notes - 9.22 vs Seattle
- Game 1 of Seattle Storm-Minnesota Lynx Semifinals Rescheduled
- WNBA Postpones Seattle Storm- Minnesota Lynx Playoff Game
- Minnesota Lynx Postgame Notes - 9.17 vs Phoenix