Minnesota/Seattle Postgame Notes
Odyssey Sims came out firing to start the third quarter as she scored 18 points on 8-of-8 shooting in the quarter on her way to finishing with a season-high 30 points on 11-of-14 shooting. She added four rebounds, three assists and three steals. Tonight marked Sims' sixth 30+ point effort of her career and first since scoring 30 (with Tulsa) on August 30, 2015 vs. Indiana.
The 8-of-8 shooting in the third quarter ties a WNBA-record for most efficient quarter (Liz Cambage went 8-of-8 in the fourth quarter on July 17, 2018 at New York).
The shooting efficiency in the third quarter also sets a new franchise record (Maya Moore and Sylvia Fowles have both gone 7-of-7 in a quarter).
Sims' 30 points marks the 55th 30+-point game in franchise history. She becomes the seventh different Lynx player to score 30+ points in a regular season game. (Moore-24, Seimone Augustus- 13, Katie Smith- 12, Fowles- 3, Betty Lennox- 1 and Monica Wright- 1).
Napheesa Collier scored 16 points on an efficient 7-of-14 shooting while grabbing five rebounds. Tonight marked Collier's eighth straight game scoring in double-figures and ninth straight game have five or more rebounds.
Danielle Robinson dished out a game-high nine assists tonight, the seventh time she's led the Lynx in assists this season.
Minnesota shot 50.8% (31-of-61) from the field tonight. Since the start of 2011, the Lynx are now 76-3 when topping 50%.
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from August 18, 2019
- Aces Punch Ticket to Postseason with 100-85 Road Win over Chicago - Las Vegas Aces
- Gray and Ogunbowale Combine for 42 in Loss to Sun - Dallas Wings
- Minnesota/Seattle Postgame Notes - Minnesota Lynx
- Strong Liberty Effort Not Enough to Defeat Mercury in 78-72 Decision - New York Liberty
- First-Place Washington Gets Past Indiana with 3-Point Barrage - Indiana Fever
- Aces Look to Clinch Playoff Berth Sunday at Chicago - Las Vegas Aces
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Minnesota Lynx Stories
- Twin Cities Harvest Festival, Proud Supporter of the Minnesota Lynx FastBreak Foundation, and the Minnesota Lynx to Host Lynx Day
- Odyssey Sims Suspended Two Games
- Minnesota Timberwolves, Sister Franchises Announce New Social Responsibility Platform Pack Gives Back
- Women's 3x3 Roster Announced for World Beach Games
- Odyssey Sims Named to All-WNBA Second Team