Gray and Ogunbowale Combine for 42 in Loss to Sun
Allisha Gray tied her career high mark of 22 points as the Dallas Wings (9-18) fell 78-68 to the Connecticut Sun (19-8) in Mohegan Sun Arena. Rookie of the Year contender Arike Ogunbowale was the team's next leading scorer, netting 20 or more for the eleventh time this season and for the sixth time in the previous seven games. The Wings have had a pair of scorers pour in 20 or more in three consecutive games.
Gray went 7-of-15 from the floor, including 4-of-9 from three, tying her career three-point made clip. This is the first time that the South Carolina product has logged back-to-back games of 20 or more in her career. Ogunbowale went 3-of-5 from downtown, having made three from deep in two of the previous three contests, and handed out three assists.
Isabelle Harrison logged her first double-double of the season with 11 points and 13 rebounds. It's the sixth double-double of her career and the first of the season for the Tennessee native.
The Wings travel to Minnesota to take on the Lynx on August 22 at 7 p.m. The game can be viewed on WNBA League Pass.
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from August 18, 2019
- Aces Punch Ticket to Postseason with 100-85 Road Win over Chicago - Las Vegas Aces
- Gray and Ogunbowale Combine for 42 in Loss to Sun - Dallas Wings
- Minnesota/Seattle Postgame Notes - Minnesota Lynx
- Strong Liberty Effort Not Enough to Defeat Mercury in 78-72 Decision - New York Liberty
- First-Place Washington Gets Past Indiana with 3-Point Barrage - Indiana Fever
- Aces Look to Clinch Playoff Berth Sunday at Chicago - Las Vegas Aces
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.