Mets, Flying Tigers Postponed on Thursday
PORT ST. LUCIE, Fla. - Thursday's game between the St. Lucie Mets and Lakeland Flying Tigers at Clover Park was postponed due to unplayable field conditions.
The teams will make up the game as part of a single admission doubleheader on Friday. Game 1 will start at 3:30 p.m. There will be a 30 minute break between the end of the first game and the start of game 2. Both games will be seven inning contests.
The Mets will honor Dollar Night deals starting at 5:30 p.m. on Friday. That includes $1 Bud and Bud Light, $1 hot dogs, $1 soda and $1 popcorn.
Friday is Back to School Night. All K-12 students get in free. School employees can stop by the Chamber of Commerce table and show their ID to get a free ticket.
Fans with tickets to Thursday's postponed game can exchange those tickets for any other home game this season.
• Discuss this story on the Florida State League message board...
Florida State League Stories from September 9, 2021
- Three Homers, Strong Relief Highlight Marauders Win - Bradenton Marauders
- Long Balls Lead Mussels to Doubleheader Sweep of Cards - Fort Myers Mighty Mussels
- Jupiter Wins Thursday's Contest 7-1 over Daytona - Jupiter Hammerheads
- Threshers Lose in Late Innings - Clearwater Threshers
- Jupiter Jumps over Daytona, 7-1 - Daytona Tortugas
- Mets, Flying Tigers Postponed on Thursday - St. Lucie Mets
- Rainfall Suspends Tarpons and Blue Jays in 4th Inning - Tampa Tarpons
- Marauders and Threshers Split Twinbill - Bradenton Marauders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.