MetroStars waive defenders Leitch and Regan
SECAUCUS, NJ (Wednesday, March 1, 2006) - The MetroStars announced today that they have waived defenders Chris Leitch and Tim Regan.
A veteran of four MLS seasons, Leitch originally joined the MetroStars on March 13, 2003 in a trade with Columbus. He appeared in 72 regular season games for the "Red and Black" and notched three assists from the backline. Leitch had the distinction of being named the MetroStars 2004 Iron Man (the award given to the MetroStar who plays the most minutes in the regular season) by logging 2,610 minutes in 29 games during the '04 season. He also garnered the 2005 MetroStars Defender of the Year award after seeing action in 28 games and registering one assist.
The 24-year-old Regan was drafted by the MetroStars in the second round of the 2003 MLS SuperDraft with the 17th overall selection. In 2005, Regan started a personal-best 18 of the 20 regular season games he played in. For his career, the Bradley University graduate has made 47 regular season appearances, all as a member of the "Red and Black."
The MetroStars departed for Los Angeles today, March 1, and will be training at the Home Depot Center until Thursday, March 9.
Name Note: When referencing the MetroStars in any print or broadcast media, please note that the team name no longer includes "New York/New Jersey" or "NY/NJ". The team should be solely referred to as the "MetroStars". In addition, if you would like to abbreviate the name, please do so as "Metros" not "Metro".
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from March 1, 2006
- RSL midfielder Douglas Sequeira and Costa Rica fall 3-2 to Iran - Real Salt Lake
- L.A. Galaxy defeat Houston 1836, 2-1, in preseason match - Los Angeles Galaxy
- MetroStars waive defenders Leitch and Regan - New York Red Bulls
- Chivas USA and Aeromexico announce unprecedented strategic alliance in U.S. pro sports - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- D.C. United vs. Getafe CF Pre-season Match to air live on Comcast SportsNet - D.C. United
- MetroStars sign Canadian National Team midfielder Adrian Serioux - New York Red Bulls
- Wynne undergoes successful hernia procedure - New York Red Bulls
- FC Dallas And Tigres UNAL to Play for Rio Grande Plate - FC Dallas
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New York Red Bulls Stories
- Red Bulls November FIFA Window International Round Up
- RBNY Advance to Eastern Conference Championship for First Time Since 2015
- New York Red Bulls Aaron Long, Kemar Lawrence Named to MLS Best XI
- Match Preview: New York Aims to Bounce Back against Columbus Crew SC in Leg 2
- Aaron Long Named 2018 MLS Defender of the Year