MetroStars Visit Utica Sunday
The Mississauga MetroStars travel to upstate New York this weekend for a match against the MASL Eastern Division leaders Utica City FC, the first of two back to back home and home games between these division rivals.
? ?The MetroStars (3-15) are coming off an 8-4 defeat at the hands of the Harrisburg Heat last Saturday at the Paramount Fine Foods Centre. Forward Mo Babouli had two goals in a losing cause for Mississauga, to give him 17 on the season. Darren Chambers and Jarred Phillips netted the other goals for Mississauga, who actually outshot their Eastern Division opponents 26-24.
Utica City FC (13-5) clinched a playoff spot after a 10-2 thrashing of the Heat at home last Sunday. Forward Slavisa Ubiparipovic scored a hattrick and contributed an assist in UCFC's lopsided win, which keeps them atop the Eastern Division, one game up on the 2nd place Baltimore Blast. Logan Roberts added a pair of goals while Liam Callahan had a goal and an assist.
This will be the fourth match this season between the MetroStars and Utica City FC. UCFC have won each of the three previous meetings, the most recent an 8-4 win at the Paramount Fine Foods Centre on February 22. Captain Bo Jelovac scored a hattrick in that victory while goalkeeper Andrew Coughlin made 28 saves for the win. MetroStars midfielder Marco Rodriguez is suspended for this match after receiving a red card in last week's game against Harrisburg.
? ?The MetroStars face Utica City FC Sunday, March 17 at the Adirondack Bank Centre with kickoff set for 2:00pm (EDT). The game will be telecast live nationally in the United States on Eleven Sports and streamed digitally on Eleven Sports Next at https://www.twitch.tv/elevensportsnext Shortly after the live broadcast, the game can be streamed on MASL.tv at MASLsoccer.com.
For season and single game tickets and information, contact the MetroStars at email@example.com or by phone at 1-866-56-STARS (1-866-567-8277).
• Discuss this story on the Major Arena Soccer League message board...
Major Arena Soccer League Stories from March 15, 2019
- Sockers To Retire Paul Wright's #3 During A Pregame Ceremony On April 7 - San Diego Sockers
- Wave Set to Celebrate St. Patrick's Day Sunday Afternoon at Home - Milwaukee Wave
- Game Preview - Baltimore Blast vs. Harrisburg Heat - Harrisburg Heat
- Baltimore Blast v. Harrisburg Heat Game Preview - Baltimore Blast
- MetroStars Visit Utica Sunday - Mississauga MetroStars
- St. Louis Ambush Visit Milwaukee on Sunday - St. Louis Ambush
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Mississauga MetroStars Stories
- MetroStars Drop Last Game to Heat
- MetroStars Visit Harrisburg to Wrap up MASL Season
- MetroStars Fall to Utica City FC
- MetroStars Beaten by Heat
- MetroStars Visit Harrisburg, Utica this Weekend