Sockers To Retire Paul Wright's #3 During A Pregame Ceremony On April 7
SAN DIEGO - The San Diego Sockers announced during halftime of Friday's match that the team will retire the number of Paul Wright during a pregame ceremony on Sunday, April 7, 5:05 p.m. at Pechanga Arena San Diego. The popular forward will have his #3 jersey retired and a banner hung in the arena rafters. Wright's name was on the ballot along with Fernando Clavijo, Victor Nogueira, Branko Segota, and Steve Zungul. The London, England native was selected after a vote by the fans, alumni, media and current players. Each vote was worth 25% of the total vote.
Wright scored 435 goals and recorded 421 assists in his 603-game career with the San Diego Sockers, Cleveland Crunch, Milwaukee Wave, Baltimore Spirit, Wichita Wings, Sacramento Knights, Baltimore Blast, Anaheim Bolts, and outdoors in the MLS with Kansas City. He began playing during the 1988 season and last took the pitch during the 2012 campaign.
The banner raising ceremony will be held in conjunction with the annual alumni halftime game on Sunday, April 7. 5:05 p,m. Tickets for the game are available by calling 866-799-4625.
• Discuss this story on the Major Arena Soccer League message board...
Major Arena Soccer League Stories from March 15, 2019
- Sockers To Retire Paul Wright's #3 During A Pregame Ceremony On April 7 - San Diego Sockers
- Wave Set to Celebrate St. Patrick's Day Sunday Afternoon at Home - Milwaukee Wave
- Game Preview - Baltimore Blast vs. Harrisburg Heat - Harrisburg Heat
- Baltimore Blast v. Harrisburg Heat Game Preview - Baltimore Blast
- MetroStars Visit Utica Sunday - Mississauga MetroStars
- St. Louis Ambush Visit Milwaukee on Sunday - St. Louis Ambush
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent San Diego Sockers Stories
- Sockers Sweep Series over Tacoma with Dramatic 7-6 Double OT Win
- Sockers Look to Close out Tacoma
- Sockers Keep It Rolling with 6-3 Win in Game One
- San Diego and Tacoma Meet in the Pacific Division Finals
- Sockers Finish Season 23-1 with Wild 7-6 Win over Monterrey Before 7,399 Supporters