Mayorov Named USHL Forward of the Week
The United States Hockey League has named Cedar Rapids RoughRiders forward Nikolai Mayorov its forward of the week.
Mayorov shined in this past weekend's pair of games against the Des Moines Buccaneers, putting up six points. Friday night, he had a goal and an assist in the Rough Riders' overtime loss, but helped his team to victory in a big way on Saturday. He had assists on three of the team's five goals, and added one of his own in the third for a total of four points on the night.
Mayarov leads the team in scoring this season with 22 goals and 13 assists in 33 games, averaging just over a point per game. The Russian is also tied for fourth in the league in goals in his first season in the USHL.
The RoughRiders are back at The Stable this Saturday, February 15, facing off against the Waterloo Black Hawks for rival night! Tickets are on sale now and can be purchased by calling 319-247-0340 or visiting the RoughRiders website at www.roughridershockey.com.
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from February 11, 2020
- Saints Scribbles: Dubuque Wins in Waterloo Again - Dubuque Fighting Saints
- Saints Take Tuesday Tilt - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Nikolai Mayorov (Cedar Rapids), Daniel Hilsendager (Omaha) and Gabriel Carriere (Waterloo) Earn Weekly Honors - USHL
- Game Preview: Saints Hit the Road for Weekday Game against Waterloo - Dubuque Fighting Saints
- Carriere Cashes in on Strong Weekend - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Mayorov Named USHL Forward of the Week - Cedar Rapids RoughRiders
- Travis Treloar Has Committed to Ohio State University - Lincoln Stars
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.