Mavericks Trade Three and Waive Three
INDEPENDENCE, Missouri - The Missouri Mavericks announced Monday the Central Hockey League team has traded defenseman Jared Lavender to the Quad City Mallards, forward Derek Knowles to the Rapid City Rush and defenseman Joshua Hepditch to the Allen Americans. The team has also waived forwards Toms Hartmanis and Derek Pallardy as well as defenseman Steven Later. The Mavericks must have their roster trimmed down to a league-mandated 19 players by Thursday.
"I want to thank all six of these players, they all competed extremely hard and with a lot of heart," said Mavericks' Head Coach Scott Hillman. "We believe we are continuing to upgrade our roster with players who can take us deeper into the playoffs."
The Lavender, Knowles and Hepditch trades were all in exchange for future considerations.
"We wish to thank all of the players who played for us last season," said Mavericks' President and General Manager Brent Thiessen. "Although it is sad to see them move on, we are excited with the way the roster is shaping up and the players our fans will see this season."
The Missouri Mavericks will begin their third season in the Central Hockey League in October, and the home opener is Saturday, November 5 against the Wichita Thunder. The Mavericks play their home games at the state-of-the-art Independence Events Center where parking is always free. Tickets for all regular season games go on sale on Saturday, September 17 at 10 a.m. Call (816) 252-7825 for more information or visit www.MissouriMavericks.com .
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from October 17, 2011
- Sundogs Media Release - Rush Top Sundogs in Shootout 4-3 - Arizona Sundogs
- Mallards Weekly Update - Quad City Mallards
- Mallards Acquire Defenseman Lavender from Missouri; Gasper Exits - Quad City Mallards
- Mavericks Trade Three and Waive Three - Kansas City Mavericks
- Rush Kick off 2011 Preseason Against the Arizona Sundogs - Rapid City Rush
- Komets to Skate Live on Xfinity Channel 81; Five Live Game Broadcasts for 60th Anniversary Season - Fort Wayne Komets
- Dayton Gems Announce Partnership With Buffalo Wild Wings To Host Live Watch Parties - Dayton Gems
- Arizona Sundogs Weekly Update - Arizona Sundogs
- Bucks Trim Down Roster - Laredo Bucks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Kansas City Mavericks Stories
- Mavericks Erase Two-Goal, Third Period Deficit in Shootout Win
- Game Day Report: Mavericks Look to Bounce Back at Wichita
- Mavs' Win Streak Snapped at Seven
- Game Day Report: Mavericks, Thunder Continue Three-Game Set Friday
- Mavericks, Thunder Announce Salvation Army Kettle Challenge