Mavericks Sign D Josh Hepditch, G Mathieu Corbeil Reassigned to Missouri
INDEPENDENCE, Missouri - The Missouri Mavericks announced Thursday the Central Hockey League (CHL) club has signed defenseman Josh Hepditch. The Chicago Wolves have also reassigned goaltender Mathieu Corbeil to the Mavericks.
Hepditch, 28 (1/1/85), is in his sophomore season after playing in 57 games for the CHL's Allen Americans last season. The 5-foot-10, 180-pound defenseman finished with 18 points on 10 goals and 8 assists and was +14 with the Americans. A native of Fredericton, New Brunswick, Hepditch played the previous five seasons at the University of New Brunswick (UNB) where he won three national titles. He had his best season in his final year when he finished with 10 points (2-810) in 20 games during the 2010-11 season. Overall, he had 25 points (6-1925) in 110 games at the UNB.
"Josh can help us immediately," said Mavericks' Head Coach Scott Hillman. "We know what we will get from him every shift, heart and work. He can move the puck smoothly up the ice and will give us another body on the blueline where we have been playing short for a long time. Josh is a very welcomed addition to our locker room."
Corbeil has notched a 7-8-0 record, 2.68 goals-against average, and .916 save percentage in 16 games with the Mavericks during his professional debut this season. He has not played in any games with the Wolves this year.
The Mavericks are home for a game Friday night against Quad City Mallards at Independence Events Center. Buy-three-get-one-free tickets are available through Ticketmaster.com.
Season tickets for the 2013-14 season are on sale now by calling the Mavericks' front office at (816) 252-7825. For more information on the Mavericks visit www.MissouriMavericks.com .
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from March 7, 2013
- Mavericks Sign D Josh Hepditch, G Mathieu Corbeil Reassigned to Missouri - Kansas City Mavericks
- Roster Set for Annual Alumni Game this Saturday - Wichita Thunder
- Three Thunder Players Named Finalists for Year-End Awards - Wichita Thunder
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Kansas City Mavericks Stories
- Mavs' Win Streak Snapped at Seven
- Game Day Report: Mavericks, Thunder Continue Three-Game Set Friday
- Mavericks, Thunder Announce Salvation Army Kettle Challenge
- Mavericks Clinch Best Start in Team History with Seventh-Straight Win
- Game Day Report: Mavericks Face Thunder in Kids Day Game Clash