Mavericks Re-Sign Robinson, Add de Kastrozza
INDEPENDENCE, MO (July 13, 2015) - The Missouri Mavericks announced Monday afternoon that they have signed goaltender Josh Robinson and forward David de Kastrozza to standard player contracts for the 2015-16 ECHL season.
"We are happy to have Robinson back in a Mavericks sweater this fall, and to welcome de Kastrozza to the team," said Richard Matvichuk, Head Coach & Director of Hockey Operations for the Missouri Mavericks. "David is a proven goal scorer at the ECHL level and I am confident both of these players are going to represent the Mavericks extremely well on and off the ice."
Josh Robinson played eighteen games for the Mavericks during their 2014-15 campaign after signing with the team midway through the season. The twenty-five year old Frankenmuth, Michigan native will once again don the number thirty (30) between the pipes for Missouri this fall.
"I am really excited to be coming back to the Mavs," said Robinson. "It was an easy decision to come back given the direction the team is going with the players, staff, and management in place. I look forward to being a big part of the future of this team and getting the Mavericks back to being one of the top teams in the league."
David de Kastrozza was acquired by the Missouri Mavericks earlier in the off-season as part of a future considerations element in the trade that sent defenseman Martin Lee to the Idaho Steelheads ahead of the 2015 ECHL trade deadline. De Kastrozza tallied forty-two (42) points (19G, 23A) through sixty-four (64) regular season games with the Steelheads last season, and leads the team in short-handed goals (13). The twenty-eight year old right wing hails from Toms River, New Jersey.
The Mavericks begin their 2015-16 campaign on the road in Anchorage, Alaska for their first-ever matchup against the Alaska Aces. Fans interested in making the trip north with the Mavs can contact our partners at Cruise Planners at firstname.lastname@example.org or 816-796-9400 for a special Mavs travel package!
The Mavericks will play longtime rival, the Wichita Thunder, in their home-opener on Saturday, Oct. 24 at Independence Events Center. Season Tickets and Group Tickets are on sale now! Call the Missouri Mavericks at 816-252-7825 to speak with a ticket representative.
Images from this story
Missouri Mavericks Goaltender Josh Robinson
(John Howe, Howe Creative Photography)
David de Kastrozza with the Idaho Steelheads
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from July 13, 2015
- Nailers Announce Mini Plans for 2015-16 Season - Wheeling Nailers
- Former NHL Defenseman Kevin Quick Signs with Fuel - Indy Fuel
- Standout Rookie Duo Returns to Mallards - Quad City Mallards
- Evansville IceMen Icicles Tryouts this Coming Thursday - Evansville IceMen
- Veteran Forward Darryl Bootland Returns for 2015-16 Season - Colorado Eagles
- Mavericks Re-Sign Robinson, Add de Kastrozza - Kansas City Mavericks
- Stingrays Team up with HP4K and the Carolina Ice Palace for 3rd Annual Kids Day - South Carolina Stingrays
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Kansas City Mavericks Stories
- Mavericks Announce 2019-20 Regular Season Home Schedule
- Mavericks Trainer Nick Potter Wins ECHL Athletic Trainer of the Year Award
- Kansas City Mavericks Wrap up 10th Season with Return to the Playoffs
- Mavericks Eliminated in Game Seven Loss at Tulsa
- Mavericks Head to Game Seven After 4-2 Loss in Game Six at Tulsa