Mavericks Lose Schempp to Bridgeport, Gain Selman
INDEPENDENCE, Mo. - The Missouri Mavericks announced today that Kyle Schempp has been reassigned by the New York Islanders to the Bridgeport Sound Tigers of the American Hockey League. Additionally, Justin Selman has been reassigned by the St. Louis Blues to the Mavericks from the AHL's Chicago Wolves.
Schempp, 23, ranks eighth on the Mavericks with 21 points (9g, 12a) in 43 games played. The rookie center out of Ferris State University returns to Bridgeport where he has one assist in five games this season. A native of Saginaw, Michigan, Schempp was drafted by the New York Islanders in the sixth round (#155 overall) in the 2014 National Hockey League Entry Draft. He turned professional after three years at Ferris State where he produced 66 points (29g, 37a) in 121 games.
Selman, 23, returns to the Mavericks after receiving a call up to Chicago on November 24. In his most recent stint with the Mavericks, Selman potted three points (2g, 1a) in four games from November 15 to November 22. For the season he has four points (2g, 2a) in eight games with the Mavericks, and two points (1g, 1a) in 17 games with the Wolves.
A 6-foot-0, 200-pound forward out of the University of Michigan, Selman has not seen game action since December 26 with Chicago. A rookie, Selman was signed as a free agent by the St. Louis Blues upon finishing his collegiate career. While with Michigan, Selman netted 67 points (29g, 38a) over 113 games.
Selman is expected to be available when the Mavericks kick off a six-game home stand on Friday against Allen at 7:35 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 1, 2017
- Monarchs Tamed by Jackals, 2-1 - Manchester Monarchs
- Tyler Barnes Recalled by IceHogs - Indy Fuel
- Season Ticket Holder Newsletter, March 1st - Wichita Thunder
- Monarchs Announce Roster Moves - Manchester Monarchs
- ECHL Transactions - March 1 - ECHL
- GameDay - Aces at Utah - Wednesday, March 1, 2017 - Alaska Aces
- Admirals Add Hildebrandt on Amateur Try Out - Norfolk Admirals
- Weekend Giveaways Announced - Rapid City Rush
- Mavericks Lose Schempp to Bridgeport, Gain Selman - Kansas City Mavericks
- Henry Named AMI Graphics ECHL Plus Performer of the Month - Brampton Beast
- Brampton's Henry Is AMI Graphics ECHL Plus Performer of the Month - ECHL
- Game Day Storylines- at Rapid City - Idaho Steelheads
- Jackals Begin March against Manchester - Elmira Jackals
- Mallards Game Day - Quad City Mallards
- Monarchs Game Day Capsule, 3.1 - Manchester Monarchs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.