Mavericks Challenge KC Celebrities in ALS Ice Bucket Challenge
Independence, Missouri - Aug. 13, 2014 -- The Missouri Mavericks are the latest to accept the ALS "Ice Bucket Challenge;" a viral video campaign that has flooded social media streams in an effort to raise awareness about amyotrophic lateral sclerosis ( ALS), also known as Lou Gehrig's Disease .
Missouri Mavericks President & General Manager, Brent Thiessen, was joined by Richard Matvichuk, Head Coach & Director of Hockey Operations on Wednesday afternoon, to challenge Andy Reid (KC Chiefs Head Coach), Ned Yost (KC Royals Manager), Darien Hatcher (Former Dallas Stars Defenseman), Soren Petro (810 WHB), Frank White (KC Royals Hall of Famer), and Jack Harry (KSHB Sports Anchor) to follow suit with the "Ice Bucket Challenge" within 24 hours, or make a donation to the ALS Association.
The 2014-15 Central Hockey League season will begin on October 24, 2014. Missouri Mavericks season tickets are on sale now. Visit MissouriMavericks.com or call 816-252-7825 for more information.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from August 13, 2014
- Mavericks Challenge KC Celebrities in ALS Ice Bucket Challenge - Kansas City Mavericks
- Thunder Re-Sign Martens; Add Hosmer - Wichita Thunder
- Sundogs Hook Former Fish, Sign Forward TJ Fox - Arizona Sundogs
- Allen Americans To Celebrate Allen Eagles Night - Allen Americans
- Veteran Defenseman Returns to the Denver Cutthroats - Denver Cutthroats
- Trevor Ludwig Turns to Americans Fans for Help in Selecting His Next Jersey Number - Allen Americans
- Big Men Down Under: Sawyer and Harvey Play in Australia - Rapid City Rush
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.