Mavericks Aquire Aduba, Release Suomalainen
INDEPENDENCE, Missouri - The Missouri Mavericks announced Friday the Central Hockey League (CHL) team has signed left wing forward, Obi Aduba. The 29 year old Walpole, Massachusetts native spent the last four seasons with the Quad City Mallards, where he accumulated 65 goals, 89 assists, and 263 penalty minutes.
Mavericks Head Coach, Scott Hillman, is happy to sign the talented skater, noting Aduba's strength and durability has made him a formidable opponent against the Mavericks in the past. "This is one of those, if can't beat them, join them scenarios. Obi has absolutely killed us over the past few seasons. He is a big, strong, power forward that adds grit and scoring to the lineup."
Aduba joins a full Mavericks roster this weekend in Arizona, and will dress for Friday night's game against the Sundogs at 9:05pm (CST).
The Mavericks have waived goaltender Erno Suomalainen and will continue the start of the 2013-14 season with net minders Joe Howe and Shane Owen. Owen notched his first win of the season on Saturday with a 3-2 shootout victory over the St. Charles Chill.
The Mavericks play back-to-back games in Arizona this weekend against the Sundogs. The puck will drop at 9:05pm (CST) in the Tim's Toyota Center this evening and Saturday, October 26.
The Mavericks play their first home game on November 2. Individual tickets and Season tickets are on sale now. With season tickets starting at just over $11 per game and FREE parking, the Mavericks are the pinnacle of family affordable entertainment.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from October 25, 2013
- Thunder Lose High Scoring Affair 6-4 in Denver - Wichita Thunder
- Lavoie's Late Goal Sends Allen to a Regulation Win - Allen Americans
- Cutthroats Remain Undefeated - Denver Cutthroats
- Chill Falls to Allen 6-4 - St. Charles Chill
- Thunder Prepare for Denver; Add 2nd Year Forward - Wichita Thunder
- Mavericks Aquire Aduba, Release Suomalainen - Kansas City Mavericks
- Shots from the Point for October 25, 2013 - CHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Kansas City Mavericks Stories
- Mavericks Announce 2019-20 Regular Season Home Schedule
- Mavericks Trainer Nick Potter Wins ECHL Athletic Trainer of the Year Award
- Kansas City Mavericks Wrap up 10th Season with Return to the Playoffs
- Mavericks Eliminated in Game Seven Loss at Tulsa
- Mavericks Head to Game Seven After 4-2 Loss in Game Six at Tulsa