Cutthroats Remain Undefeated
Denver - The Denver Cutthroats faced the Wichita Thunder for the first of a two-game home series on Friday, October 25 at the Denver Coliseum. The Cutthroats went on to defeat the Thunder 6-4.
The Thunder scored the first goal of the night as Jason Wilson (Jon Booras and Jesse Dudas) found the back of the net with 15 minutes to go in the first period. Coming off the heels of a Cutthroats power play, Denver's J.P. Chabot (Robin Soudek and Nick Schneider) tied the game 1-1.
Early in the second period, Garett Bembridge (A.J. Gale and Troy Schwab) put the Cutthroats up 2-1. Less than a minute later, J.P. Chabot (Vincent Arseneau and Michael Trebish) scored his second goal of the night and furthered the team's lead to 3-1. Wichita's Burke Gallimore and Kalvin Sagert set up Matt Robinson for the Thunder's second goal of the night. Not long after, Wichita tied the score 3-3 with a shot from Wilson (Mike Wilson and Andrew Martens).
Wichita scored their third consecutive goal and took the 4-3 lead early in the third period as Martens fired the puck into the net. Denver's A.J. Gale (Schwab and Bembridge) quickly responded to tie up the game once again 4-4. Michael Schumacher (Schwab and Bembridge) scored his first goal of the season to give the Cutthroats the lead. Schumacher gave the team a two-goal lead after his second goal (Cam Reid and Aaron MacKenzie) to put the Cutthroats further ahead for a final score at 6-4. This is the third time in Denver's history that the team has won three games in a row and the first time since last December.
The Cutthroats will play the Thunder again tomorrow night at the Denver Coliseum. Puck drops at 6:00 PM. For ticket information, visit DenverCutthroats.com or call 866.464.2626.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from October 25, 2013
- Thunder Lose High Scoring Affair 6-4 in Denver - Wichita Thunder
- Lavoie's Late Goal Sends Allen to a Regulation Win - Allen Americans
- Cutthroats Remain Undefeated - Denver Cutthroats
- Chill Falls to Allen 6-4 - St. Charles Chill
- Thunder Prepare for Denver; Add 2nd Year Forward - Wichita Thunder
- Mavericks Aquire Aduba, Release Suomalainen - Kansas City Mavericks
- Shots from the Point for October 25, 2013 - CHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Denver Cutthroats Stories
- Veteran Defenseman Returns to the Denver Cutthroats
- Former Open Tryout Participant Returns to the Denver Cutthroats
- Denver Cutthroats Hold Third Annual Open Tryouts
- Denver Cutthroats Add Two More to 2014-15 Roster
- Two Veterans Add Depth to Cutthroats 2014-15 Roster