Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. Charleston Battery
ATLANTA - Atlanta United returns to action Tuesday when it travels to face Charleston Battery in the fourth round of the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup at MUSC Health Stadium. The match is scheduled to kick-off at 7:30 p.m. EST and will be broadcast on ESPN+. For all statistics and media information, please visit our Media Resources page and game notes.
Atlanta has faced Charleston Battery in the fourth round of each of the past two U.S. Open Cups, with both matches played at Fifth Third Bank Stadium at Kennesaw State University. Atlanta defeated Charleston 3-0 in 2017 and 3-2 in 2018 to advance to the fifth round.
Atlanta defeated Chicago Fire 2-0 in MLS action on June 1 to earn its fifth consecutive home win, all clean sheets. Josef Martinez scored his ninth and 10th goals for his 15th multigoal game in MLS and was named MLS Player of the Week. Atlanta also kept its MLS best eighth clean sheet of the season and has allowed 11 goals this season, the fewest in the league.
Charleston Battery currently sits eighth in the USL Eastern Conference standings out of 18 teams with a 5-3-5 record and are unbeaten at home in 2019, posting a 4-0-4 record. Charleston defeated Nashville SC on penalties (3-0) in the previous round on May 29 to advance after the match was tied 1-1 at the end of regulation.
Tuesday, June 11 | MUSC Health Stadium, Charleston, SC |7:30 p.m. (EST)
Atlanta United (7-5-2, 23 points) vs. Charleston Battery (5-3-5, 20 points)
English TV | ESPN+
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from June 10, 2019
- Ocampo-Chavez and Rogers Called into U.S. U-23 Summer Training Camp - Seattle Sounders FC
- LAFC Travels to Face Real Salt Lake in the Fourth Round of the U.S. Open Cup on Tuesday, June 11 - Los Angeles FC
- Earthquakes Weekly Update: June 10, 2019 - San Jose Earthquakes
- 2019 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Match Preview: Columbus Crew SC Faces Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC at MAPFRE Stadium Tomorrow Night - Columbus Crew SC
- Game Preview: New England Revolution at New York Red Bulls - New England Revolution
- Match Preview: Red Bulls Host New England in Fourth Round Open Cup Match - New York Red Bulls
- Philadelphia Union Midfielder Ilsinho Named MLS Player of the Week - Philadelphia Union
- Philadelphia Union Midfielder Ilsinho Voted MLS Player of the Week - MLS
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. Charleston Battery - Atlanta United FC
- Houston Dynamo Sign FW Michael Salazar from RGV FC - Houston Dynamo
- LAFC Transfers Midfielder Andrehorta to SC Braga - Los Angeles FC
- Earthquakes Forward Chris Wondolowski Named MLS Player of the Month - San Jose Earthquakes
- San Jose Earthquakes Forward Chris Wondolowski Voted MLS Player of the Month Presented by EA SPORTS - MLS
- Chicago Fire Soccer Club Weekly Update: June 10, 2019 - Chicago Fire
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Atlanta United FC Stories
- Atlanta United's Franco Escobar and Paulo Neto Win eMLS Tournament Special
- Atlanta United Training Update: May 11
- Atlanta United's Franco Escobar and Paulo Neto advance to Championship Sunday of eMLS Tournament Special
- Atlanta United players return to Children's Healthcare of Atlanta Training Ground for individual workouts
- Atlanta United Partners with American Family Insurance and Gusto to Kick off Nurses Appreciation Week