LAFC Travels to Face Real Salt Lake in the Fourth Round of the U.S. Open Cup on Tuesday, June 11
The Los Angeles Football Club is set to open its 2019 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup campaign on the road with a fourth round matchup against Real Salt Lake tomorrow, Tuesday, June 11 at 7:00 p.m. PT at Rio Tinto Stadium in Sandy, UT. The game is available on ESPN + and on ESPN 710 LA and the ESPN app.
LAFC is hosting an official viewing party for the match at The Fields LA at 7:00 p.m. PT.
The oldest, longest-running national competition in the country, the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup was founded in 1914 and features clubs from all divisions and leagues of American soccer.
In its inaugural run in the competition in 2018, the Black & Gold became one of three MLS sides to reach the semifinal round in its expansion season - joining the 2011 Seattle Sounders FC and the 1998 Chicago Fire. The Club earned three consecutive victories at Banc of California Stadium (2-0 vs. Fresno FC, 3-2 vs. Sacramento Republic FC, 3-2 vs. Portland Timbers) before falling to the eventual champions Houston Dynamo 7-6 in penalty kicks in the semifinals.
LAFC's four meetings against Real Salt Lake are tied for second most against any other team in MLS (FC Dallas, Seattle). The Black & Gold are a perfect 3-0-0 in regular season play, while RSL's loan win over LAFC came in the Knockout Round of the Audi 2018 MLS Cup Playoffs on November 1.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from June 10, 2019
- Ocampo-Chavez and Rogers Called into U.S. U-23 Summer Training Camp - Seattle Sounders FC
- LAFC Travels to Face Real Salt Lake in the Fourth Round of the U.S. Open Cup on Tuesday, June 11 - Los Angeles FC
- Earthquakes Weekly Update: June 10, 2019 - San Jose Earthquakes
- 2019 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Match Preview: Columbus Crew SC Faces Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC at MAPFRE Stadium Tomorrow Night - Columbus Crew SC
- Game Preview: New England Revolution at New York Red Bulls - New England Revolution
- Match Preview: Red Bulls Host New England in Fourth Round Open Cup Match - New York Red Bulls
- Philadelphia Union Midfielder Ilsinho Named MLS Player of the Week - Philadelphia Union
- Philadelphia Union Midfielder Ilsinho Voted MLS Player of the Week - MLS
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. Charleston Battery - Atlanta United FC
- Houston Dynamo Sign FW Michael Salazar from RGV FC - Houston Dynamo
- LAFC Transfers Midfielder Andrehorta to SC Braga - Los Angeles FC
- Earthquakes Forward Chris Wondolowski Named MLS Player of the Month - San Jose Earthquakes
- San Jose Earthquakes Forward Chris Wondolowski Voted MLS Player of the Month Presented by EA SPORTS - MLS
- Chicago Fire Soccer Club Weekly Update: June 10, 2019 - Chicago Fire
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Los Angeles FC Stories
- LAFC to 'Blackout LaA Before Friday's Matchup against Atlanta United FC
- LAFC Falls 3-2 against the Galaxy on Friday Night at Dignity Health Sports Park
- Los Angeles Football Club Partners with Satisfi Labs to Launch In-Stadium Order-Ahead on Apple Business Chat
- LAFC and Galaxy Face off on Friday Night at Dignity Health Sports Park
- LAFC Defeats Houston Dynamo 3-1 on Friday Evening