Marco Rossi Commits to 67's
OTTAWA - Ottawa 67's draft pick Marco Rossi will cross the ocean and come play junior hockey in Ottawa this fall as the club announced Monday the Austrian forward has committed to the club.
Rossi was selected by the Barber Poles 18th overall in the first round of the CHL Import Draft that took place on June 28th.
"Marco Rossi is a competitive, 200-foot player who increases the speed and skill level of our returning group,'' said General Manager James Boyd. "The 67's are thrilled that Marco has chosen our organization and the city of Ottawa for the next chapter of his development."
Rossi is an eligible and highly touted prospect for the 2020 NHL Entry Draft.
Rossi put up 51 points in 34 games for the GCK Lions U-20 club as a 16-year-old. He also played 18 games against men for the GC Küsnacht Lions, in which he had 4 goals and 3 assists.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from July 16, 2018
- Greyhounds' Sandin Signs with Maple Leafs - Soo Greyhounds
- OHL Mourns the Loss of Ray Emery - Soo Greyhounds
- Marco Rossi Commits to 67's - Ottawa 67's
- Otters Hire Shane Clifford as Goaltending Coach - Erie Otters
- Kurtis Foster Promoted to Head Coach, Luca Caputi Named as Associate Coach - Kingston Frontenacs
- OHL 20 in 20 Futures Watch: Oshawa Generals - Oshawa Generals
- Assistant Coach Luca Caputi Hired by Frontenacs - Guelph Storm
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Ottawa 67's Stories
- 67's Last Minute Comeback Falls Short to Peterborough
- Barber Poles Rally to Defeat Frontenacs in High-Scoring Affair
- 67's Win Big at Home on Toonie Beer Night
- Hoelscher and Quinn Collect Three Points Each in 67's 4-3 Loss to Kitchener
- Andree Shines But 67's Fall to Knights