March 14 matchup vs Cedar Rapids postponed
SAN DIEGO, California - The San Diego Strike Force was excited to bring football back to San Diego with our second season, home opener on Saturday. We have been monitoring the COVID-19 outbreak through updates from the Centers for Disease Control, the World Health Organization, and state and local health agencies. In compliance with state mandated restrictions on public events and out of an abundance of concern for our players, coaches, staff, fans and the community, we regret that our home opener will be postponed.
For those who purchased tickets to the opener, our season ticket holders and sponsors, we will be crediting your seats toward a future home game. We will continue to monitor the situation and further developments over the next few weeks AND remain optimistic that we will be able to host AND WELCOME FANS TO ENJOY IN PERSON future home games this season. We will be contacting all ticket buyers over the next 48 hours and will keep all of our fans up to date as additional information becomes available.
We appreciate your support for the San Diego Strike Force and look forward to seeing our fans in person.
• Discuss this story on the Indoor Football League message board...
Indoor Football League Stories from March 12, 2020
- March 14 matchup vs Cedar Rapids postponed - San Diego Strike Force
- Important Update on the Oakland Panthers Season - Oakland Panthers
- Shock Season Postponed with All IFL Games - Spokane Shock
- Frisco Fighters Inaugural Game Postponed - Frisco Fighters
- 2020 Season Postponed Until Further Notice - IFL
- IFL Postpones 2020 Season - Iowa Barnstormers
- San Diego Hosts River Kings in 2020 IFL Season Home Opener - San Diego Strike Force
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.