2020 Season Postponed Until Further Notice
March 12, 2020 - Indoor Football League (IFL) News Release
In response to the coronavirus pandemic and the postponement of this weekend's games in Frisco and Sioux Falls, along with the state of California's limit on the size of crowds due to the pandemic, the Indoor Football League will be postponing its season until further notice following Saturday night's games in Oakland and San Diego.
Both games are still scheduled to kick off at 6:05 PT, but will be played with no fans in attendance. Each game will be broadcast live on Youtube.
"This is an unprecedented situation that we are taking very seriously," said IFL Commissioner Todd Tryon. "We are monitoring this on a constant basis and are working with the local municipalities and arenas in all of our markets. Our goal is to resume play as soon as possible. The health of our players, coaches, staff, fans, and sponsors is of utmost importance to our teams and to the league, and we will not compromise on those values."
The IFL will continue to evaluate ongoing events and the safety of our players and will rely on the guidance of public health experts and our league's Board of Directors in determining when to restart the 2020 season.
• Discuss this story on the Indoor Football League message board...
Indoor Football League Stories from March 12, 2020
- March 14 matchup vs Cedar Rapids postponed - San Diego Strike Force
- Important Update on the Oakland Panthers Season - Oakland Panthers
- Shock Season Postponed with All IFL Games - Spokane Shock
- Frisco Fighters Inaugural Game Postponed - Frisco Fighters
- 2020 Season Postponed Until Further Notice - IFL
- IFL Postpones 2020 Season - Iowa Barnstormers
- San Diego Hosts River Kings in 2020 IFL Season Home Opener - San Diego Strike Force
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.