Shock Season Postponed with All IFL Games
Spokane, WA - The Indoor Football League (IFL) announced the postponement of the 2020 IFL season in response to the coronavirus pandemic. As a result, the Spokane Shock season is being postponed as well. In addition, the Fan Fest planned for Thursday evening, March 12, is also cancelled.
"While we are disappointed, the health and safety of our fans, employees, coaches and players remains our top priority," said Shock owner Sam Adams. "We want to express our deepest condolences to the many families in Washington state who have lost loved ones to the outbreak of COVID-19. To those who are currently in isolation or quarantine, our concern and prayers are with you to make a full recovery and return to your family and friends."
IFL Commissioner Todd Tryon said, "We are monitoring this on a constant basis and are working with the local municipalities and arenas in all of our markets. Our goal is to resume play as soon as possible. The health of our players, coaches, staffs, fans, and sponsors is of utmost importance to our teams and to the league, and we will not compromise on those values."
Adams said this gives the Shock time to continue preparing for its 2020 season. Practices and team prep will continue as scheduled. The Fan Fest and Season Ticket Pick-up party will both be rescheduled.
The Shock Front Office will work closely with the IFL to evaluate ongoing events to determine when to resume the 2020 season. Meanwhile, through public health organizations such as the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO), we are staying up to date on the latest developments as they occur. We will continue to follow the prevention recommendations laid out by these organizations, in conjunction with our local public health officials here in Spokane.
Please watch the Shock's website and social media channels for regular updates.
• Discuss this story on the Indoor Football League message board...
Indoor Football League Stories from March 12, 2020
- March 14 matchup vs Cedar Rapids postponed - San Diego Strike Force
- Important Update on the Oakland Panthers Season - Oakland Panthers
- Shock Season Postponed with All IFL Games - Spokane Shock
- Frisco Fighters Inaugural Game Postponed - Frisco Fighters
- 2020 Season Postponed Until Further Notice - IFL
- IFL Postpones 2020 Season - Iowa Barnstormers
- San Diego Hosts River Kings in 2020 IFL Season Home Opener - San Diego Strike Force
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Spokane Shock Stories
- Spokane Shock Announce 2021 Schedule
- Shock Sign First Team All-IFL Offensive Lineman Rashaud Mungro
- Shock Sign Valdosta State University Wide Receiver Darrell Myers, Jr.
- Shock Sign First Team All-American Defensive Back Marquez Gollman
- Shock Sign Former Texas A&M Receiver Speedy Noil