Mallards Sign Netminder Grant
MOLINE, Ill. (February 10, 2012) - The Quad City Mallards of the Central Hockey League have signed goaltender Justin Grant, the Mallards announced today.
Grant, 30, has been signed in the wake of netminder David McKee's recall yesterday to the American Hockey League's Peoria Rivermen. The 6' 0", 185-pound Burlington, Iowa, native suited up for one CHL game earlier this season, serving as the Missouri Mavericks' back-up in the Mavericks' November 26 game against the Mallards. Last season Grant joined the Mallards for three separate stints and saw five minutes and 47 seconds of action over three games without giving up a goal.
Grant played in the in the All-American Hockey League with Evansville in 2008-09 and with Madison in 2009-10 after taking to the ice for Division III Northland College from 2003 to 2007.
The Mallards visit the Fort Wayne Komets tonight before returning to action on home ice tomorrow evening at 7:05 p.m. against the Arizona Sundogs. Tomorrow evening is Genesis Heart Night- the Mallards will wear special limited edition Genesis Heart Night jerseys during their match-up with the Sundogs. Those jerseys will go up for bid in a live auction immediately following the game with proceeds going to the Genesis Health Services Foundation to benefit cardiac care at the Genesis Heart Institute.
Single game tickets for all Mallards regular season home contests- including tomorrow night's game- are now available. Fans can contact the Mallards at (309) 277-1364 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about tickets.
Single game tickets are also available at the i wireless Center box office, at Ticketmaster outlets, through www.ticketmaster.com or through Ticketmaster charge-by-phone toll free. The box office is open weekdays from 10:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., on Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. and on game days from 10:00 a.m. until the start of the second period. Individual game tickets are available for $12 in the upper level and $17 in the lower level and $25 for the first row along the glass for adults. Tickets for kids 12 and under are available for $5 off adult rates. In addition, tickets are available to military personnel for $2 off the regular adult rate.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from February 10, 2012
- Oilers Shutout by Thunder in Season Series Finale - Tulsa Oilers
- Thinel Records 700th CHL Point in Mavericks' 3-2 Win Over Rapid City - Kansas City Mavericks
- Sundogs Come Back for Shootout Win - Arizona Sundogs
- Russo Stops 42 En Route to Third Shutout of the Season - Wichita Thunder
- Blaze Suffer Third Shootout Loss of Week - Bloomington Blaze
- Gems Fall in Final Seconds of Overtime 3-2 to IceMen - Dayton Gems
- Mallards Fall in Fort Wayne - Quad City Mallards
- Martens Called-Up for Second Time this Season - Wichita Thunder
- Mallards Sign Netminder Grant - Quad City Mallards
- Saturday Is Pink in the Rink at the BOK Center - Tulsa Oilers
- Dayton Gems Gameday - Gems Make Final Trip to Evansville to Face IceMen - Dayton Gems
- Shots from the Point for February 10, 2012 - CHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Quad City Mallards Stories
- Mallards Clearance Sale this Week
- Motte, Osipov Head to AHL
- Mallards Rally to Win Finale
- Mallards Game Day
- Mallards Battle from Behind for 5-4 Shootout Victory over Wings