Mallards Return Home After Squashing the Dock Spiders
MADISON, Wis. - The Madison Mallards are waddling back to the Duck Pond after a successful road trip to Fond du Lac, Wisconsin. Madison squashed the Dock Spiders (11-14) at Herr-Baker Field, earning their seventh sweep of the season. The addition of two more wins puts the Mallards at 18-7 overall, still holding on to the best record in the Northwoods league.
Tonight, the Mallards return home for game one of a two game series against the Wisconsin Woodchucks (14-12). The Woodchucks are currently third in the Great Lakes West division, four and a half games behind the first place Mallards.
This is the fourth series of six the two teams will compete against one another this season. Last time the two teams met they split the series, making their overall record 4-2.
Making his second start this summer is RHP Ben Specht (Florida). Specht's debut was on June 16 against the Wisconsin Rapids Rafters (15-10). He powered through five innings, earning a 3.60 ERA by throwing six strikeouts and allowing only one walk.
Tonight's game features post-game fireworks, presented by All of Us Research Program. First pitch is scheduled for 6:05 p.m., gates will open at 5:05 p.m. Hear every pitch of the 2019 Mallards' season live on The Zone, 96.7 FM and 1670 AM.
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from June 22, 2019
- Jones Five Strikeouts Keep It Close But Bombers Fall 2-1 to Jackrabitts - Battle Creek Bombers
- Stingers Fall to St. Cloud - Willmar Stingers
- Woodchuck Bats Silence the Mallards - Madison Mallards
- Late Rally Falls Short in Rafters Loss - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Woodchucks Put on Offensive Clinic against Mallards - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- Dock Spiders Get Back in the Win Column - Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
- Pit Spitters Top Growlers in 23 Hit Slugfest - Traverse City Pit Spitters
- Two-Game Road Series Starts for Rafters in Lakeshore - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- James Free II Signs with Cincinnati Reds - Duluth Huskies
- Mallards Return Home After Squashing the Dock Spiders - Madison Mallards
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.