Mad Ants Acquire Demetri McCamey
FORT WAYNE, IN (March 26, 2013) - The Mad Ants have acquired 6'3 guard Demetri McCamey from the available player pool as a replacement for the injured Ron Howard, who suffered a fracture in his hand during the Ants triple overtime game against the Austin Toros on March 22. McCamey played this past Sunday and scored 9 points in his Mad Ants debut.
McCamey played his college basketball at the University of Illnois where he was honored as an All Big Ten First Team player in 2010 and as a All Big Ten Third Team player in 2009 and 2011. Out of college, he played his first year overseas, but returned to the States and participated in the Houston Rockets training camp this fall. After being released from that camp, he joined the Rockets' affiliate, the Rio Grande Valley Vipers, as an affiliate player. He was eventually released by the Vipers and went on to play for the Erie Bayhawks, but was subsequently released there, as well. McCamey is averaging 5.29 points this season, and the Ants are looking for him to provide depth at the guard position, as well as outside shooting.
McCamey will travel with the team for their Thursday game against the Iowa Energy in Des Moines, Iowa at 8 pm ET. As always, you can watch all the Mad Ants game -- home or away -- on MyTV Fort Wayne.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 26, 2013
- Jones' Double-Double Leads Vipers Past Tulsa - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- 66ers Come up Short to Vipers - Tulsa 66ers
- Jam Tops Fort Wayne in OT - Bakersfield Jam
- Oklahoma City Thunder Re-Assigns Liggins and Orton to NBA D-League Affiliate Tulsa 66ers - G League
- Liggins and Orton Assigned to Tulsa 66ers - Tulsa 66ers
- Red Claws Activate Will Foster - Maine Red Claws
- Mad Ants Acquire Demetri McCamey - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Santa Cruz Warriors Win Ninth Straight with Victory over Idaho - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Holiday's 28 Not Enough in Loss - Idaho Stampede
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Fort Wayne Mad Ants Stories
- Mad Ants Announce Bobblehead Giveaway on Saturday, March 23
- Reed's 21 Points in D.C. Not Enough for Fort Wayne
- Gansey Reaches 100 Wins as Mad Ants Take Care of Go-Go in D.C.
- Alize Johnson's Double-Double Not Enough at Raptors 905
- Mad Ants' Team Effort Leads Fort Wayne to Win against Lakeland