Lubbock Gunslingers Gunning for Breast Cancer
The Lubbock Gunslingers of the National Indoor Football League have joined forces with the Lubbock area Affiliate of the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation to help raise money for breast cancer research, education, screening, and treatment.
For more than 20 years, the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation has been a global leader in the fight against breast cancer through its support of innovative research and community-based outreach programs. Working through a network of U.S. and international Affiliates and events like the Komen Race for the Cure®, the Komen Foundation is fighting to eradicate breast cancer as a life-threatening disease by funding research grants and supporting education, screening and treatment projects in communities around the world.
The Lubbock Gunslingers invite all Lubbock citizens to join the fight against breast cancer. The players and dancers will be at the Wal-Mart on 4th and Frankford on Friday June 10th from 11:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m., and will be soliciting donations for the foundation, handing out information on breast cancer awareness, and signing autographs for all fans.
For further information contact the Lubbock Gunslingers at 806-780-3210.
• Discuss this story on the National Indoor Football League message board...
National Indoor Football League Stories from June 8, 2005
- Listen to Maulers on the Road - Montgomery Bears
- Win would give Rage division title - RiverCity Rage
- Drillers return to practice field in search of a win - Beaumont Drillers
- Drillers to host Corpus Christi on Saturday - Beaumont Drillers
- June 11 renegades game to salute our armed forces - Rome Renegades
- Fever look to extend winning streak - Tri-Cities Fever
- ThunderBolts fight to stay in playoff picture - Lakeland ThunderBolts
- Kreatures to hold St. Cloud Youth Football Night - Kissimmee Kreatures
- Lubbock Gunslingers to Hold $6000 Give Away - Lubbock GunSlingers
- Lubbock Gunslingers Gunning for Breast Cancer - Lubbock GunSlingers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.