Louisville Power Stops RailRiders
MOOSIC, PA - The Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders fell to the Louisville Bats in the series finale, 7-4 Sunday at PNC Field. Louisville used five home runs, including back-to-back home runs, in the third inning to power their offence in Sunday's victory.
RailRiders starting pitcher Daniel Camarena dealt the first two scoreless innings of the contest before being tagged for five home runs over the next few frames.
In the top of the third inning, Stuart Turner nailed a two-run homer and Narcisco Crook followed with a back-to-back shot, giving the visiting team a 3-0 advantage. In the bottom of the inning, Wendell Rijo nailed a leadoff home run for Scranton/Wilkes-Barre, cutting the deficit to 3-1. It was the first Triple-A home run for both Rijo and Turner.
In the top of the fourth, Blake Trahan answered with another home run for Louisville making it 4-1. Aristides Acquino homered for the Bats in the top of the sixth, extending the lead to 6-1. Keeping the momentum, Scott Schebler homered again for Louisville to push the Bats ahead 7-1.
The RailRiders mounted some late offense but never quite brought the tying run to the plate. Clint Frazier homered in the sixth and Breyvic Valera homered in the ninth to make it 7-3. Mike Ford ripped an RBI double in the ninth inning, but the game ended on a groundout with the tying run in the on-deck circle as Louisville took 2-of-3 from SWB.
Keury Mella (6-10) was the winning arm, pitching 6.0 innings for the Bats with Camarena (4-5) taking the loss, allowing seven runs over 5.1 innings.
The RailRiders hit the road for six games beginning Tuesday night in Columbus. They return home July 29 and begin a two-game series against the Syracuse Mets. First pitch is scheduled for 7:05 p.m. For tickets and more information slide to www.swbrailriders.com/tickets.
Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders Record:
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from July 21, 2019
- Mud Hens Top Mets in Series Finale - Toledo Mud Hens
- Mets End Road Trip with 7-2 Loss to Mud Hens on Sunday - Syracuse Mets
- Pigs swept at hands of Norfolk - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Bisons Fall to Clippers, 6-3, in Sunday Matinee Despite Late Rally - Buffalo Bisons
- Homers Highlight Keller's Gem in Series Win - Indianapolis Indians
- Wilson Tosses Gem in Gwinnett's 12-1 Rout of Rochester - Gwinnett Stripers
- Louisville Power Stops RailRiders - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Red Wings Return for Promo-Packed Homestand Tuesday - Rochester Red Wings
- Bats Hit Five Home Runs in 7-4 Win - Louisville Bats
- Knights End Road Trip with 3-1 Loss - Charlotte Knights
- Strikeouts and Solo Shots Win It for PawSox - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (49-49) vs. Durham Bulls (59-41) - Indianapolis Indians
- Game Notes: Louisville Bats (38-61) at Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders (57-42) - Louisville Bats
- SWB Game Notes - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo vs. Columbus (1:05 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders Stories
- SWB Game Notes
- Voit Joins SWB on MLB Rehab
- King matches career-high with 11 strikeouts as RailRiders fan 16 Red Sox
- SWB Game Notes
- Breyvic Valera delivers the heroics for Scranton/Wilkes-Barre with game-winning homer