Lightning recall two players from Falcons
Springfield, MA - The Springfield Falcons, proud members of the American Hockey League, announced today that forwards Evgeny Artyukhin and Nick Tarnasky have been recalled by their National Hockey League affiliate, the Tampa Bay Lightning. Both players will join the Lightning in Atlanta as Tampa Bay prepares to take on the Thrashers on Thursday night.
Artyukhin has recorded 2-1-3 totals and a +2 rating in three games with the Falcons this season. The 6-foot-4, 254-pound native of Moscow, Russia is tied for the team lead in goals and was named the game's second star on October 8 against Portland, and the game's third star on October 15 at Manchester.
Tarnasky has also played in all three Falcons games this season not collecting a point. The
6-foot-2, 233-pound native of Rocky Mountain House, Alberta has helped Springfield remain perfect on the penalty kill this season successfully defending all 19 shorthanded situations this year. Tarnasky played in 80 games for the Falcons last year collecting 7-10-17 totals with 176 PIM.
The Falcons will return home this weekend for a pair of home games in first place in the Atlantic Division. Springfield hosts the Hartford Wolf Pack on Friday, October 21 starting at 7:35 PM, followed by the Providence Bruins at the MassMutual Center on Saturday, October 22 starting time at 7:05 PM. Both games can be heard live on the Falcons Hockey Network, WMAS AM 1450, as "The Voice" of the Falcons John Michael handles the play-by-play duties. Both games can also be seen live through the B-2 Network for only $6.00. Season and group packages are now available, including Flex Packs and our new exclusive Club Seats. For more information, please contact the Falcons team office at (413) 739-3344.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from October 19, 2005
- Hats off to Hudler - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Bears announce additional promo night December 18 - Hershey Bears
- Dan Cavanaugh signed by Phantoms - Adirondack Phantoms
- Falcons Recall Packard From Johnstown - Springfield Falcons
- Stars Announce new ticket package - Iowa Chops
- Holt joins Wolf Pack - Connecticut Whale
- AHL suspends Rampage's McAllister - AHL
- Marlies' inaugural home jerseys available on ebay - Toronto Marlies
- Wolves Add Morrison to Roster - Chicago Wolves
- Admirals in the community - Norfolk Admirals
- Aeros loan Kotyk to ECHL Augusta - Houston Aeros
- Lightning recall two players from Falcons - Springfield Falcons
- Ak-Sar-Ben Knights comeback ends in a shootout loss - Abbotsford Heat
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.