Falcons Recall Packard From Johnstown
Springfield, MA - The Springfield Falcons, proud members of the American Hockey League, announced today that they have recalled left wing Dennis Packard from their ECHL affiliate, the Johnstown Chiefs. Packard is expected to practice with the team on Thursday starting at 10:00 am at the MassMutual Center.
Packard was originally re-assigned to the Chiefs on October 3 after playing in three preseason games with Springfield. The 6-foot-4, 234-pound native of Kingston, PA split last season between the Falcons and Chiefs. In 47 games with Springfield in 2004-05, he collected 2-8-10 totals with 25 PIM.
Packard was the Tampa Bay Lightning's eighth choice (219th overall) in the 2001 NHL Entry Draft and played his college hockey with Harvard University where he led the Crimson to the ECAC Championship in 2004.
The Falcons will return home this weekend for a pair of home games in first place in the Atlantic Division. Springfield hosts the Hartford Wolf Pack on Friday, October 21 starting at 7:35 PM, followed by the Providence Bruins at the MassMutual Center on Saturday, October 22 starting time at 7:05 PM. Both games can be heard live on the Falcons Hockey Network, WMAS AM 1450, as "The Voice" of the Falcons John Michael handles the play-by-play duties. Both games can also be seen live through the B-2 Network for only $6.00. Season and group packages are now available, including Flex Packs and our new exclusive Club Seats. For more information, please contact the Falcons team office at (413) 739-3344.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from October 19, 2005
- Hats off to Hudler - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Bears announce additional promo night December 18 - Hershey Bears
- Dan Cavanaugh signed by Phantoms - Adirondack Phantoms
- Falcons Recall Packard From Johnstown - Springfield Falcons
- Stars Announce new ticket package - Iowa Chops
- Holt joins Wolf Pack - Connecticut Whale
- AHL suspends Rampage's McAllister - AHL
- Marlies' inaugural home jerseys available on ebay - Toronto Marlies
- Wolves Add Morrison to Roster - Chicago Wolves
- Admirals in the community - Norfolk Admirals
- Aeros loan Kotyk to ECHL Augusta - Houston Aeros
- Lightning recall two players from Falcons - Springfield Falcons
- Ak-Sar-Ben Knights comeback ends in a shootout loss - Abbotsford Heat
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.