Dan Cavanaugh signed by Phantoms
PHILADELPHIA - The Philadelphia Phantoms of the American Hockey League (AHL) today announced the signing of center Dan Cavanaugh. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
Cavanaugh comes to the Phantoms after four seasons with the Houston Aeros, capturing the Calder Cup with the team in 2003. His regular season professional totals, all with Houston, reflect 286 games, 40 goals, 66 assists and 389 penalty minutes: 286(40/66/106)389. He had served as both a captain and an alternate captain during his time in Houston.
The 25 year-old native of Springfield, Massachusetts attended Boston University for three seasons, with the last coming in 2000-01. Cavanaugh was a teammate of Philadelphia's Freddy Meyer at BU and Phantoms center Marc Cavosie for the last three seasons in Texas. Cavanaugh was originally drafted by the Calgary Flames in the second round, 38th overall, in the 1999 NHL Entry Draft.
The Phantoms will be in Norfolk this weekend for a pair of games with the Admirals. Philadelphia's next home game will take place at the Wachovia Spectrum on Nov. 4. A championship banner celebration will precede the 7:05 pm showdown with the Hershey Bears.
All kids tickets for all Phantoms games are just $8. To purchase, go to phantomshockey.com and click tickets. To charge by phone, call (215) 336-2000, (856) 338-9000 or (302) 984-2000.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from October 19, 2005
- Hats off to Hudler - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Bears announce additional promo night December 18 - Hershey Bears
- Dan Cavanaugh signed by Phantoms - Adirondack Phantoms
- Falcons Recall Packard From Johnstown - Springfield Falcons
- Stars Announce new ticket package - Iowa Chops
- Holt joins Wolf Pack - Connecticut Whale
- AHL suspends Rampage's McAllister - AHL
- Marlies' inaugural home jerseys available on ebay - Toronto Marlies
- Wolves Add Morrison to Roster - Chicago Wolves
- Admirals in the community - Norfolk Admirals
- Aeros loan Kotyk to ECHL Augusta - Houston Aeros
- Lightning recall two players from Falcons - Springfield Falcons
- Ak-Sar-Ben Knights comeback ends in a shootout loss - Abbotsford Heat
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.