Holt joins Wolf Pack
New York, October 19, 2005 -- New York Rangers President and General Manager Glen Sather announced today that goaltender Chris Holt has been reassigned to the Hartford Wolf Pack of the American Hockey League (AHL) and defenseman Dale Purinton has been recalled from Hartford (AHL).
Purinton, who is serving a 10-game NHL suspension, will practice with the club until his suspension has been completely fulfilled. Rangers goaltender Kevin Weekes has been activated of the injured reserve list and will be in uniform for tonight's game vs. the New York Islanders at Madison Square Garden. Game time is set for 7:00 PM.
Weekes, who has missed the last three Rangers games with a mild groin strain, has appeared in three games this season, posting a 1-1-1 record along with a 3.30 goals against average and a .880 save percentage.
The NHL's New York Rangers hockey club, currently in its 80th year of operation, is part of Madison Square Garden, L.P. Cablevision Systems Corporation owns Madison Square Garden, L.P., which also includes the New York Knicks (NBA), the New York Liberty (WNBA), the Hartford Wolf Pack (American Hockey League), the MSG Network, Fox Sports Net and the Madison Square Garden arena complex, located in the heart of the New York metropolitan area.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from October 19, 2005
- Hats off to Hudler - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Bears announce additional promo night December 18 - Hershey Bears
- Dan Cavanaugh signed by Phantoms - Adirondack Phantoms
- Falcons Recall Packard From Johnstown - Springfield Falcons
- Stars Announce new ticket package - Iowa Chops
- Holt joins Wolf Pack - Connecticut Whale
- AHL suspends Rampage's McAllister - AHL
- Marlies' inaugural home jerseys available on ebay - Toronto Marlies
- Wolves Add Morrison to Roster - Chicago Wolves
- Admirals in the community - Norfolk Admirals
- Aeros loan Kotyk to ECHL Augusta - Houston Aeros
- Lightning recall two players from Falcons - Springfield Falcons
- Ak-Sar-Ben Knights comeback ends in a shootout loss - Abbotsford Heat
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.