Liberty Fall to Wings in Dallas, 87-64
ARLINGTON, TX - The New York Liberty played their first game post All-Star break against the Dallas Wings in Arlington tonight. New York fell short, 87-64
Kia Nurse led New York with 13 points on 30% shooting from the field. She shot 50% (2-4) from the three-point line.
The first quarter began with the teams going back and forth, with most of the quarter being a tied game. Both teams shot over 50% from the field in the first quarter.
Down one, the Liberty opened the second quarter with a three-pointer by Rebecca Allen which led to a 6-2 run. The New York run was soon cut short when Dallas went on a run of their own, scoring seven points in less than two minutes midway through the second quarter. The Wings went on to outscore the Liberty 30-13 in the second quarter.
There were six lead changes in the first half. Both rookies, Asia Durr and Arike Ogunbowale scored double figures in the first half with 10 and 12, respectively.
Arike hit a three to open the second half for Dallas and extend their lead to 21. New York went down as many as 30 points and ultimately lost in Dallas.
UP NEXT: The New York Liberty return to action at home on Sunday, August 4 against the Connecticut Sun. Tip-off is at 3 p.m. ET.
New York shot 35.1% from the field and 30.8% from beyond the arc.
The Liberty led by as many as four in the second half and went down by as many as 30 in the second half.
Kia Nurse scored 13 points and three assists.
Rebecca Allen added 11 points and five rebounds for New York.
Asia Durr scored ten first half points.
Tina Charles added eight points, five rebounds and two assists.
Dallas shot 46.9% from the field and 31.8% from three.
Rookie guard Arike Ogunbowale scored a game-high 18 points and five assists.
Today's win for Dallas ends the Wings' six-game losing skid.
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from August 1, 2019
- Liberty Fall to Wings in Dallas, 87-64 - New York Liberty
- Minnesota Lynx Forward Napheesa Collier Named WNBA Rookie of the Month - Minnesota Lynx
- Nneka Ogwumike Named July Player of the Month - Los Angeles Sparks
- Delle Donne Named July Player of the Month - Washington Mystics
- Monumental Sports & Entertainment, Deloitte Announce Sponsorship - Washington Mystics
- WNBA Tips off Fit Month Presented by Kaiser Permanente - WNBA
- New York Liberty to Host Third Annual Unity Day Game on August 11 at Barclays Center - New York Liberty
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New York Liberty Stories
- Nets, Liberty, Barclays Center Host Bus Tour to Encourage Census Completion, Voter Registration
- Jazmine Jones Named to WNBA's 2020 All-Rookie Team
- New York Liberty Star Kia Nurse Joins TSN as Basketball Analyst
- New York Liberty to Celebrate Inaugural Hispanic Heritage Month Presented by HSS
- New York Liberty Postgame Notes vs. Dallas Wings