Lexington Drops Series to Augusta
WHITAKER BANK BALLPARK (Lexington, KY) - The Lexington Legends drop the series to the Augusta Greenjackets with a game three loss, 2-1. The Legends now fall to 17-19 while the Greenjackets improve to 18-18.
The Greenjackets plated their first run in the top of the seventh inning. Aaron Bond lined a leadoff single to centerfield then moved to second when Francisco Tostado reached on a walk. Andres Angulo grounded out to a fielder's choice and Augusta led 1-0.
Lexington then answered in the bottom of the inning. Reed Rohlman smashed a double down the left field line then moved to third when Freddy Fermin singled to right field. Rohlman then scored on a wild pitch by Soloman Bates and the game was tied, 1-1.
Augusta secured the victory in the top of the ninth inning. Bond put a double down the right field line then advanced to third on a groundout by Tostado. Gonzalez singled home Bond and the Greenjackets led 2-1.
Luis Amaya was awarded the victory tossing 2.0 shutout inning allowing one hit while striking out one. CJ Eldred was given the loss pitching 3.0 innings allowing one run on four hits while walking one and striking out one.
The Legends now travel to face the Kannapolis Intimidators before returning to Whitaker Bank Ballpark to welcome in the Asheville Tourists Friday, May 17th at 7:05pm.
The Legends, a Class A affiliate of the Kansas City Royals and member of the South Atlantic League, play all home games at Whitaker Bank Ballpark in Lexington, Kentucky. For ticket information, call (859) 422-7867 or visit LexingtonLegends.com.
Images from this story
Lexington Legends pitcher CJ Eldred
• Discuss this story on the South Atlantic League message board...
South Atlantic League Stories from May 13, 2019
- Suns Scorch 'Birds for Split - Delmarva Shorebirds
- Sharp Sinks Rome, Leads Columbia to Doubleheader Sweep - Columbia Fireflies
- Offense Soars over 'Birds in 15-1 Victory - Hagerstown Suns
- Fireflies Game Notes - May 13 vs. Rome Braves (Games 36 & 37) - Columbia Fireflies
- Comeback Bid Falls Short as Dogs Lose Series Finale - Charleston RiverDogs
- Pena Homers as Power Drops Finale in Front of 6,027 Fans - West Virginia Power
- Lexington Drops Series to Augusta - Lexington Legends
- Asheville Downs Greenville with Two Solo Homers Monday - Greenville Drive
- Monday Morning Mound Battle Goes to GreenJackets - Augusta GreenJackets
- 'Dads Pick up Series Win with 7-5 Victory over RiverDogs - Hickory Crawdads
- Vavra Provides the Offense; Bush Pitches a Gem - Asheville Tourists
- King of the Cage Fight Rescheduled for Monday - Augusta GreenJackets
- Game Notes (May 13) - West Virginia Power
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.