Lambson Named Pitcher of the Week
WINNIPEG, MB - Winnipeg Goldeyes left-handed pitcher Mitchell Lambson has been named the American Association's Pitcher of the Week for August 12th-18th.
Lambson made two starts last week in which he was 2-0 with a 1.13 ERA. On August 12th, Lambson pitched a complete game, two-hit shutout at St. Paul, walking two and striking out nine. It was Lambson's third complete game of the season, and his sixth in a Goldeyes' uniform, which is tied for fifth in franchise history. Five days later, the Montclair, California native picked up the win versus Chicago, allowing two earned runs on five hits over seven innings.
Lambson is now 12-2 with a 2.85 ERA in 18 starts. Lambson leads the American Association in wins, ranks third in ERA, first in strikeouts (117), and first in innings pitched (129.2). The 29-year-old Lambson has pitched 6.0 innings or more in 17 of his 18 starts, including 13 outings of at least seven frames. Lambson has also posted six games with nine or more strikeouts, including a season-high 11 on June 26th at Sioux City.
Lambson is in his ninth season of professional baseball, and his third overall with the Goldeyes. The left-hander was a member of the Goldeyes' 2017 American Association championship team, and ranked ninth in the league with a 3.81 ERA in 2018. Lambson was originally drafted by the Houston Astros in the 19th round in 2011 out of Arizona State University, and has reached the Triple-A level with three different Major League organizations.
This marks the fourth league-wide award for a Goldeyes' player this season. Kevin Lachance (May 16th-19th), Tyler Hill (July 22nd-28th), and Reggie Abercrombie (August 5th-11th) have all earned Batter of the Week accolades.
The Winnipeg Goldeyes conclude a two-game series at home tonight against the St. Paul Saints. First pitch at Shaw Park is scheduled for 7:05 p.m. Advance tickets are on sale now by visiting www.goldeyes.com/tickets or by visiting the box office at Shaw Park.
For information on 2019 season tickets, 10-game mini packs, and group tickets, call the Goldeyes' office at (204) 982-BASE, or visit the Goldeyes' official website at www.goldeyes.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from August 19, 2019
- Goldeyes Comeback Falls Short in Loss to Saints - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Milkmen Rally Back, But Come up Short in Extras with Dogs - Milwaukee Milkmen
- Barnum's Record-Tying Homer Leads Dogs To Win In Tenth - Chicago Dogs
- Seventh Heaven as Saints Win Streak Continues in 8-5 Victory over Goldeyes - St. Paul Saints
- RailCats Blanked by RedHawks, 6-0, in Fourth Straight Loss - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- 'Dogs Shut out 'Hogs to Even Series - Lincoln Saltdogs
- AirHogs One-Hit in 2-0 Loss to Lincoln - Texas AirHogs
- 'Cats Make Three Moves, Including Placing Walraven on the Inactive List - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Statement from T-Bones President Adam Ehlert - Kansas City T-Bones
- Willis Named American Association Pointstreak Player of the Week - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Lambson Named Pitcher of the Week - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Sweet, Sweet Victory Number 12 - Kansas City T-Bones
- X's Drop Fourth Straight to Begin Important Home Stand - Sioux City Explorers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.