Lakeland Magic Beat the Maine Red Claws 102-80
The Lakeland Magic (19-18), the NBA G League affiliate of the Orlando Magic, defeated the Maine Red Claws (16-23), 102-80 and secured the win in front of a home crowd at the RP Funding Center.
The Magic were hot from the start outscoring the Red Claws 32-14 in the first quarter. They were able to keep the momentum going in the second to with a score of 56-33 heading in to the locker room. The Magic were able to hold off the Red Claws in the second half to secure the victory.
Jonathan Isaac, on assignment from Orlando, played over 13 minutes in his first live game action since December rehabbing a right ankle injury. Isaac had 6 points and 3 rebounds. Jamel Artis led the team in scoring with 21 points and 5 assists. Troy Caupain had a double-double with 15 points, 12 rebounds and 5 assists. Alan Anderson had his best game as a member of the Lakeland Magic with 17 points on an efficient 7-10 from the field. John Petrucelli was also a key contributor off the bench and just shy of the double-double with 11 points and 9 rebounds. The Magic put up their best defensive effort of the season holding the Red Claws to just 80 points on the night.
For the Red Claws, Kadeem Allen had 16 points and 5 rebounds. Trey Davis was a key contributor with 16 points, 7 rebounds and 3 assists. Vitto Brown had 10 points and 5 rebounds. Maine was just 30.6 percent (26-85) from the field and 22.2 percent (10-45) from three compared to Lakeland's 48.1 percent (38-79) and 40.9 percent (9-22).
The Magic play the second game of a back-to-back at home against the Grand Rapid Drive on Saturday, February 24, at 7 p.m. The Magic came up short against the Drive, in their previous match-up in Grand Rapids. The game can be seen on Eleven Sports. The Maine Red Claws take on the Windy City Bulls on Sunday, February 25, at 1:00 p.m.
Lakeland Magic single game tickets and group tickets are available now. For ticket information, visit lakelandmagic.com or call 863.825.3258.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 23, 2018
- Washpun's Fourth Quarter Heroics Not Enough to Push Wolves over Vipers - Iowa Wolves
- Erie Snaps Windy City's Four-Game Winning Streak, Beat Bulls 117-107 - Windy City Bulls
- Josh Gray Pours in Team Record 42 Points in Suns' Win - Northern Arizona Suns
- Lakeland Magic Beat the Maine Red Claws 102-80 - Lakeland Magic
- Drive Trio Leads Team over Swarm - Grand Rapids Drive
- Mad Ants Stave off Charge - Canton Charge
- Magic Take Down Red Claws - Maine Red Claws
- Hustle Welcome Reno Back to Landers Center on First Responder's Day, Presented by EMHC - Memphis Hustle
- Memphis Hustle Waive Durand Scott - Memphis Hustle
- Long Island Nets Coach's Show to Debut on WRHU Radio Hofstra University 88.7 FM - Long Island Nets
- Davon Reed Assigned to Northern Arizona Suns - Northern Arizona Suns
- Cavaliers Assign Marcus Thornton to Canton Charge - Canton Charge
- Hernando's Cartwright Earns Hustle High School Athlete of the Month Honors - Memphis Hustle
- San Antonio Assigns Derrick White to Austin Spurs - Austin Spurs
- South Bay Is Boiling Hot in Win over the Clippers - South Bay Lakers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.