LAFC Inks New Partnership with Rockstar Energy Drink
Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) today announced a new multi-year partnership with Rockstar Energy Drink, marking the brand's first major league sports deal.
In addition to expanding the Rockstar Energy Drink reach beyond action sports into the mainstream, the new alliance will hyper-focus on the city of Los Angeles and its local communities.
"We are excited to partner with Rockstar Energy Drink as part of a multi-faceted relationship that will bring a new level of fan engagement to the Black & Gold community," said LAFC Co-President and CBO Larry Freedman. "We are grateful for their support and look forward to their involvement in our community."
With the official 2021 season now underway, Rockstar Energy Drink will activate at four home games this season, featuring a custom branded experience to immerse fans and create shareable content. The partnership will span in-store and POP promotions, custom product packaging, a dedicated digital campaign, and outreach with notable LA sports and lifestyle influencers.
"It's an exciting time for Rockstar Energy Drink to partner with LAFC," said Faby Torres, SVP and CMO of PepsiCo Energy. "We're inspired by their passion and community spirit for the sport, their club, and each other, which reflects the values of Rockstar Energy Drink. We can't wait to engage and support these local hustlers and heroes in their efforts this season and continue to expand our footprint in new areas, both in LA and beyond."
In support of the announcement, Rockstar Energy Drink has created a unique content piece for the brands' social channels with skateboarder Chris Joslin, BMX rider Chad Kerley, and FMX icon Colby Raha. The athletes, who are all legends in their respective sports, brought a unique twist to the architecture of Banc of California Stadium as they hit a series of wallrides, manual pads, and stair sets while simultaneously bringing the world of action sports to the mainstream stadium.
This latest partnership reflects Rockstar Energy Drink's brand evolution and new direction in 2021, following its Super Bowl ad featuring Lil Baby and its partnership announcement in February with esports team 100 Thieves.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from June 16, 2021
- LAFC Loans Eight Players to Las Vegas Lights FC for Upcoming Match against LA Galaxy II - Los Angeles FC
- MLS Stadium Boom Reaches Record Proportions: Week 8 News and Notes - MLS
- Sounders FC Announces Public On-Sale for 2021 Partial Season Ticket Packs and Single-Match Tickets - Seattle Sounders FC
- Atlanta United Names Zep, Inc. Official Cleaning Partner - Atlanta United FC
- Nashville Soccer Club and ESPN 94.9 to Debut 'NSC Backstage' - Nashville SC
- LAFC Inks New Partnership with Rockstar Energy Drink - Los Angeles FC
- Know Your Opponent: Toronto FC - Orlando City SC
- D.C. United to Play CF Montreal at DRV PNK Stadium in Fort Lauderdale on June 23 - D.C. United
- Philadelphia Union Sign Head Coach Jim Curtin to Contract Extension - Philadelphia Union
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Los Angeles FC Stories
- LAFC Suffers 4-1 Home Loss to Sporting Kansas City
- LAFC Signs Daniel Crisostomo from Las Vegas Lights
- Four LAFC Players Selected to 2021 MLS All-Star Game Presented by Target
- LAFC Takes on Sporting Kansas City Tomorrow, August 4
- LAFC Defender Eddie Segura Undergoes Successful Knee Surgery