LAFC Draws Chicago Fire 0-0 on Saturday Night
The Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) was held to a 0-0 draw by the Chicago Fire on Saturday night at Banc of California Stadium. Despite the draw, the Black & Gold remain in first place in the Supporters' Shield standings with a 7-1-3 (24 points) record.
Just before the half-hour mark, the home side would come close to breaking through, but Jordan Harvey and Christian Ramirez saw their chances cleared from the goal-line. Ten minutes into the second half, defender Steven Beitashour's low strike would be called back due to offside.
LAFC hits the road again next weekend, as the Club travels to Ohio to take on the Columbus Crew SC on Saturday afternoon. The match is scheduled to kick off at 4:30 p.m. PT and will be broadcast on YouTube TV, Univision KVMD, ESPN 710 AM, and 980 AM 'La Mera Mera.'
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from May 5, 2019
- Chicago Fire Soccer Club Draws Los Angeles FC 0-0 at Banc of California Stadium - Chicago Fire
- Quakes unbeaten in four straight, surge above playoff red line - San Jose Earthquakes
- Seattle Battles for Road Point in 1-1 Draw at Minnesota United FC - Seattle Sounders FC
- LAFC Draws Chicago Fire 0-0 on Saturday Night - Los Angeles FC
- Earthquakes Shut Down FC Cincinnati 1-0 - FC Cincinnati
- Timbers Earn 2-1 Win on the Road against Real Salt Lake - Portland Timbers
- Real Salt Lake Comeback Falls Short against the Portland Timbers - Real Salt Lake
- D.C. United Beat Columbus Crew 3-1 at Audi Field - D.C. United
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Los Angeles FC Stories
- LAFC Foundation Partners with the American Heart Association's 'Teaching Gardens' Nutrition Program
- LAFC Forward Carlos Vela Named 2019 Landon Donovan MLS MVP
- LAFC and Kaiser Permanente Celebrate Initiative to Refurbish Futsal Courts Across Los Angeles
- LAFC Eliminated from Playoffs After Falling 3-1 to Seattle Sounders FC
- LAFC Fans Encouraged to Bring Donations for Firefighters and Victims of Los Angeles Wildfires