LAFC Announces Roster Moves for 2022 Season
The Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) announced today roster moves for the 2022 MLS season. LAFC currently has 25 players under contract for 2022 after exercising five player options and declining three options for next year.
The Black & Gold have exercised contract options on forwards Danny Musovski and Carlos Vela, midfielders Eduard Atuesta and Bryce Duke and defender Sebastien Ibeagha. The Club declined contract options on goalkeeper Jamal Blackman, midfielder Danny Crisostomo and defender Alvaro Quezada. Crisostomo, Blackman and Quezada will be eligible for the MLS Re-Entry Draft Process.
Defenders Jordan Harvey and Raheem Edwards are eligible for Free Agency, which begins Dec. 15 at 10:00 a.m. PT. Goalkeeper Pablo Sisniega is out of contract and the loan agreement for forward Michee Ngalina will expire at the end of the year.
The 25 players currently under contract for 2022 include goalkeeper Tomas Romero, defenders Tristan Blackmon, Erik Dueñas, Mamadou Fall, Marco Farfan, Julian Gaines, Sebastien Ibeagha, Kim Moon-Hwan, Tony Leone, Jesus Murillo, Diego Palacios, Eddie Segura and Mohamed Traore, midfielders Eduard Atuesta, Latif Blessing, José Cifuentes, Bryce Duke, Francisco Ginella and forwards Cristian Arango, Cal Jennings, Danny Musovski, Mahala Opoku, Brian Rodriguez, Christian Torres, Carlos Vela.
2022 Los Angeles Football Club Roster
Goalkeepers: Tomas Romero
Defenders: Tristan Blackmon, Erik Dueñas, Mamadou Fall, Marco Farfan, Julian Gaines, Sebastien Ibeagha, Kim Moon-Hwan, Tony Leone, Jesus Murillo, Diego Palacios, Eddie Segura, Mohamed Traore
Midfielders: Eduard Atuesta, Latif Blessing, José Cifuentes, Bryce Duke, Francisco Ginella
Forwards: Cristian Arango, Cal Jennings, Danny Musovski, Mahala Opoku, Brian Rodriguez, Christian Torres, Carlos Vela
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from December 1, 2021
- Earthquakes Announce Roster Moves Ahead of 2022 MLS Season - San Jose Earthquakes
- Columbus Crew Announces End-Of-2021 Roster Decisions - Columbus Crew SC
- Sounders FC Announces Roster Decisions to Conclude 2021 Season - Seattle Sounders FC
- Five Points: One for the Family - New York City FC
- Toronto FC Announce Year-End Roster Decisions - Toronto FC
- LAFC Announces Roster Moves for 2022 Season - Los Angeles FC
- MNUFC 2021 End of Season Roster Update - Minnesota United FC
- Nashville Soccer Club's Walker Zimmerman Named MLS Defender of the Year for Second Consecutive Season - Nashville SC
- Atlanta United Announces Year-End Roster Moves - Atlanta United FC
- Chicago Fire FC Recognized with First Regional Emmy Nomination - Chicago Fire FC
- Nashville SC's Walker Zimmerman Named MLS Defender of the Year - MLS
- FC Cincinnati Announce Roster Decisions Ahead of 2022 Season - FC Cincinnati
- New York Red Bulls Announce End of Year Roster Decisions - New York Red Bulls
- Orlando City Exercises Contract Options on 11 Players Following 2021 MLS Season - Orlando City SC
- Revolution Eliminated in Penalty Shootout by New York City FC - New England Revolution
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Los Angeles FC Stories
- LAFC Defeats Columbus Crew 2-0
- LAFC Suffers First Home Loss of 2022, Fall 2-1 to Austin FC
- LAFC Hosts Austin FC on Wednesday, May 18, at Banc of California Stadium
- LAFC Releases Custom, Limited Edition T-Shirt Collection in Celebration of AAPI Month
- LAFC Suffers 2-0 Loss in Colorado